Marge goes too far in cleaning the house and passes out after inhaling too many cleaning solvent fumes. When she wakes up in the hospital, she has amnesia, which is seemingly cured when she recognizes herself and her children through her quirks, but doesn't remember Homer at all.
!!Tropes that apply to the episode
* CallBack: Homer punching UsefulNotes/GeorgeHWBush in [[Recap/TheSimpsonsS7E13TwoBadNeighbors Two Bad Neighbors]]
* TheConstant: Homer's love of beer. Saying that he did was the '''only''' thing that made Marge remember him for good.
* EasyAmnesia: Played both ways -- Marge gets total amnesia that she was ever married with children from a bonk to the head, but the only thing she doesn't recovers within five minutes of this being said is her memory of loving Homer.
* ComicallyMissingThePoint: Marge desperately cleans her home to keep a cleaning lady from seeing how dirty her family is.
* HalfwayPlotSwitch: The episode starts with Bart and Milhouse painting the house numbers of Evergreen Terrace for money but not finishing the Simpson home address because Homer didn't wanted to pay them, which led to a case of mistaken identity wherein the Simpsons got the mail from a rich couple on the other home, which led to them getting mail that they "won a contest" and some maids would visit the home to clean it for free (This is accompanied by the woman of the other home visiting the Simpson home to try to fix the mistaken identity only for Homer to slam the door on her face screaming), which leads to Marge trying to clean up herself to prevent gossip and getting amnesia because the fumes made her hurt her head, which leads to 20 minutes of Homer trying (very badly) to regain her love because it was the only thing the amnesia totally erased...
* ImagineSpot: Marge has one with cleaning ladies gossiping about her family.
* NoodleIncident: Homer punching [[UsefulNotes/GeorgeWBush George Bush, Jr.]]
* ObnoxiousInLaws: Patty and Selma exploit the fact that Marge has forgotten about Homer to make her meet other men in the hopes she will dump him for good.
* WholePlotReference: To the film ''Regarding Henry''.