* DownerEnding: Marge is arrested for selling drugs and is being held in prison with $10,000 bail, while Homer took Bart to Vegas and is now in Nevada State Prison after getting into a fight with a pit boss (and he doesn't know where Bart is), leaving Lisa having to loom for work to care for Maggie.
* GhostInTheMachine: We go inside Homer's head to see that the harsh and militaristic Serious!Homer has locked up drunk, crazy Fun!Homer and murdered Intellectual!Homer.
* OhCrap: When Marge tells someone on the other end of her door that she's out of drugs to sell, she has this reaction when she sees that Chief Wiggum is on the other side.
* OverlyLongGag: Ned singing all the colors in the theme to ''JosephAndTheAmazingTechnicolorDreamcoat''. To make it more excruciating, as he reaches the last color, he starts at the beginning again!
* SkywardScream: Homer does a skyward "D'oh!" when he realizes he has to scarf ice his trip to Las Vegas to drive Bart to a boys camp. His friends hear it from the other side of town and get the hint that Homer's not coming with them.