Bart fakes his own kidnapping to get out of being punished for going to a rap concert without his parents' permission, but the ruse goes too far when Milhouse's father is implicated as the kidnapper and Chief Wiggum sees this as an opportunity to make a name for himself as a competent police officer.
* AlienGeometries: Somehow, Alcatraz has a wax museum in the ''basement of his limo''
* AllGirlsWantBadBoys: Kirk becomes popular with women after being arrested for kidnapping. For that reason, he's among the people who don't want the truth to be revealed.
* BaitAndSwitchComment: There's a scene with Milhouse throwing a Frisbee without anyone to catch it. He says it's not the same without Bart because Bart usually watches him doing it.
* BrokenAesop: Lisa continuously tries to prove to everyone that lying is bad and they need to come out and have Bart confess the truth, but nobody takes her lesson to heart and would rather prefer everything would be left as it is. [[StatusQuoIsGod All of this is undone without explanation by the next episode, though]].
* DudeWheresMyRespect: When Chief Wiggum is promoted to Commissioner, he promotes Lou to Chief and Eddie to "Lou". The new "Lou" asks who the new "Eddie" will be and Wiggum says they don't need an Eddie.
* AFoolAndHisNewMoneyAreSoonParted: When Lisa asks Homer why he's destroying evidence that Bart wasn't really kidnapped, he tells her that he already sold the rights to Bart's tale for a fortune he already lost.
* ItWorksBetterWithBullets: When Wiggum pulled his gun on Alcatraz only to have the rapper's entourage drawing their guns on him, he comments that his gun is not even loaded.
* NoodleIncident: The viewers are given no clue to how Homer lost the fortune he got by selling the story about Bart being kidnapped.
* SnowballLie: Bart lying about being kidnapped by Milhouse's father: it makes Chief Wiggum rise to Commissioner, Milhouse's father becomes popular with the ladies (while at prison) and receives more meals a day, and Bart becomes friends with Alcatraz.