After falling ill from organic food, Lisa uses her singing voice to comfort them, and Homer sees his daughter's talent as a chance to compete on a reality talent show for kids.
!!"A Star is Torn" contains examples of:
* AbortedArc: Clarissa Wellington could've been a major rival for Lisa in the Li'l Starmaker competition. However, she is voted off in third place, in favor of Cameron.
* AuthorTract: Parodied in Lisa's ImagineSpot of being animated on ''Itchy & Scratchy'', where she gives a message on animal cruelty.
-->'''Scratchy:''' For details, log onto PETA.org.
* BlatantLies: Li'l Starmaker's disclaimer. They said they never heard of ''AmericanIdol''. [[Recap/TheSimpsonsS15E3ThePresidentWorePearls It wasn't the first time a Simpsons episode used that sort of lie]].
* PrivilegedRival: Lisa wins because Homer tricks Cameron into singing a song that describes him as a spoiled brat who has no shame about flaunting his wealth.
* StageMom: Homer becomes a gender-flipped case, where he beats up other people to get Lisa what she wants. Lisa finds it all sickening and fires him as her manager.
-->'''Lisa:''' Dad, I'm sorry you're hurt, but you left me no choice. You were obnoxious at a level not evern permitted in show business.
-->'''Homer:''' Do you know the hours I worked, the people I had to yell at, the tires I had to slash?
-->'''Lisa:''' No one asked you to yell and slash!
-->'''Homer:''' IT'S CALLED SCHMOOZING!
* ThingOMeter: Krusty uses an applause-o-meter so he won't have to pay attention to the songs.