Krusty discovers that he never had a bar mitzvah as a child. He quits his show to have it as an adult, with the help of his father, Rabbi Krustofski. Meanwhile, Homer hosts a late-night talk show as a replacement for Krusty's show.
* BitingTheHandHumor: At Fox again.
* LampshadeHanging: Maggie locked herself inside the bathroom. They tried many ideas to get her out, until Lisa used the first idea again and got her out.
-->'''Lisa:''' I don't understand why we try ideas only once.
* MoneyDearBoy: The reason MrT agreed to work on Krusty's televised Bar Mitzvah.
* NiceJobBreakingItHero: After Homer becomes a sucess by talking about things that appeal to the average man. Lisa gets him to use his newfound fame to talk about the 'important issue's'. It's doing this that causes his fanbase to turn from Homer and his star plummets.
* OffModel: At the end of the episode, Patty and Selma are given pointy noises as opposed to their usually round ones.