Homer and Marge recall the story of their first kiss at summer camp when they were children, where Homer betrayed Marge by standing her up on their second date.
* DoesNotLikeMen: Marge was so heartbroken by Homer standing up on their second date (which isn't really Homer's fault, as [[spoiler:he fell off a cliff right after the first date, and found himself in a fat camp]]), that she starts to hate males.
* ForgottenFirstMeeting: Unbenknownst to present day Homer and Marge, ''this'' is when they first met.
* MistakenForPrankCall: When Marge phones Homer's camp and asks for the phony name he gave her, Moe mistakes it for a prank.
* OriginsEpisode: Lampshaded in the MistakenForPrankCall that Marge makes. Moe [[BreakingTheFourthWall turns to the camera]] and says "and that's the origin of that."
* SureLetsGoWithThat: When Abe drops Homer at a camp for underprivileged kids, Homer accuses Abe of pretending to be poor to get him into a camp. Abe's half-hearted admission of guilt suggests that he's not really faking poverty.