Fed up with going on family trips, Homer and Marge decide to ditch Uncle Tyrone's (Homer's brother) birthday party and have some fun on the run (with Flanders' credit card), but soon must contend with Bart and Lisa, who are pursuing Homer and Marge (with Rod Flander's credit card).
* ArtisticLicenceLaw- How exactly can an 8 year old Rod Flanders get a credit card?
** More importantly, how did both Homer and Bart take the credit cards that belong to Ned and Rod?
* ContinuityNod: At Uncle Tyrone's birthday some of Homer's relatives at the party are the same ones from "[[Recap/TheSimpsonsS9E17LisaTheSimpsons Lisa the Simpson]]" (the collection of unsuccessful male relatives, not the few women who actually have successful careers).
** While jumping on a trampoline, Homer says "This must be what it's like in space." Marge then points out that he's ''been'' in space, referring to the events in "[[Recap/TheSimpsonsS5E15DeepSpaceHomer Deep Space Homer]]".
* KidsAreCruel: Bart and Lisa are determined to catch Homer and Marge. They even tell them happily that as parents they don't get to have fun anymore.
* OutOfCharacter: Marge, normally a MamaBear on her best days and MyBelovedSmother on her worst, doesn't care about her kids this episode.
* ShoutOut: The title is a play on to the film title, ''CatchMeIfYouCan'', there’s even musical montage and the scene that plays homage to the scene.
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: What about Abe Simpson after his encounter with Raoul?