Fed up with going on family trips, Homer and Marge decide to ditch Uncle Tyrone's (Homer's brother) birthday party and have some fun on the run (with Flanders' credit card), but soon must contend with Bart and Lisa, who are pursuing Homer and Marge (with Rod Flander's credit card).
* ArtisticLicenceLaw- How exactly can an 8 year old Rod Flanders get a credit card?
** More importantly, how did both Homer and Bart take the credit cards that belong to Ned and Rod?
* BigNo: From Homer, when Bart arranges for him to get a low fat meal on the flight to Atlantic City.
* ContinuityNod: At Uncle Tyrone's birthday some of Homer's relatives at the party are the same ones from "[[Recap/TheSimpsonsS9E17LisaTheSimpsons Lisa the Simpson]]" (the collection of unsuccessful male relatives, not the few women who actually have successful careers).
** While jumping on a trampoline, Homer says "This must be what it's like in space." Marge then points out that he's ''been'' in space, referring to the events in "[[Recap/TheSimpsonsS5E15DeepSpaceHomer Deep Space Homer]]".
* ContrivedCoincidence: Bart and Lisa wouldn't have suspected Homer and Marge had sneaked away if they hadn't seen a news report of a tornado destroying the hotel they were supposed to be staying at.
** For that matter, the fact that if Homer and Marge hadn't decided to be spontaneous, the tornado ''would've'' killed them.
* DisproportionateRetribution: Bart and Lisa follow Homer and Marge all the way around America and ruin their attempt at having a couples vacation because they went to Miami without them.
** Apparently, trying to get into the Gold Medallion Club without the proper membership merits being shot.
* HopeSpot: When the tornado demolishes the Dayton Arms Hotel, Bart says that Homer and Marge could be in the basement...only for the tornado to come back and smash its way through the hotel's foundation before moving on. Subverted that Homer and Marge were in Miami instead of Ohio.
* JerkassHasAPoint: Homer points out that they only have one weekend to themselves without the kids and they should be able to enjoy it.
* KidsAreCruel: Bart and Lisa are determined to catch Homer and Marge just because they dared to get way from them. They even tell them happily that as parents they don't get to have fun.
* OutOfCharacter: Marge, normally a MamaBear on her best days and MyBelovedSmother on her worst, doesn't care about her kids this episode.
** Justified example, given that Bart and Lisa are worse than usual in this episode.
* ShoutOut: The title is a play on to the film title, ''CatchMeIfYouCan'', there’s even musical montage and the scene that plays homage to the scene.
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: What about Abe Simpson after his encounter with Raoul?
** For that matter, where was Maggie throughout all this?