Marge writes a romance novel with Homer and Ned as the men who fight for her love. Meanwhile, Homer gets a job as an ambulance driver.
!!This episode contains examples of (YMMV tropes can be found [[YMMV/TheSimpsonsS15E10DiatribeOfAMadHousewife here]]):
* BaitAndSwitch: A long one involving Homer furiously hunting Ned down for learning about the novel showing Ned as a model husband and Homer as a violent drunk as seen by Marge. Turns out Homer only wanted to beg Ned to give him pointers.
* BaitAndSwitchComment: When Homer sees a Help Wanted sign at a car dealership, he says it gives him an idea: he'll steal the sign so the dealership will pay him to make a new one. Upon catching Homer trying to steal the sign, the dealership owner says he'll show what he does with people like Homer: he hires Homer as a sales representative.
* LiteralMinded: Homer says he once read ''Literature/ToKillAMockingbird'' and the book disappointed him for not teaching him any ways to kill mockingbirds.
* SelfDeprecation: Creator/ThomasPynchon makes fun of his ReclusiveArtist status in his [[TheCameo cameo appearance]].
-->'''Thomas Pynchon:''' Hey, over here! Have your picture taken with a reclusive author! Today only, we'll throw in a free autograph! [[ButWaitTheresMore But wait, there's more!]]
* UnexplainedRecovery: After almost ten seasons of having the audience [[Recap/TheSimpsonsWhoShotMrBurns believe]] he was KilledOffscreen, [[Recap/TheSimpsonsS1E4TheresNoDisgraceLikeHome Dr. Marvin Monroe]] shows up at Marge's book signing, stating that he'd just "been very sick" all these years.