'''Original air date''': November 10, 2002
After confessing on a hidden-camera show that he hates how boring his life is now that he's married and has children, Homer is sent to a rock-and-roll fantasy camp.
This episode was produced by Mike Scully (showrunner for seasons 9-12), as opposed to Al Jean, the showrunner for season 13.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* AnalogyBackfire: When Homer tries to explain himself after his appearance on ''Taxicab Conversations'':
--> '''Lisa''': Have you always resented us, Dad?\\
'''Homer''': Oh, I don't resent you, sweetheart. What I was trying to say, and maybe I didn't use the right words was that marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail. But as coffins go-\\
'''Lisa''': Please don't say any more!
* ComicallyMissingThePoint: After watching himself say a lot of unflattering things about his family on TV, Homer bemoans the fact that they took off ''Monkey Trauma Center'' for this.
* EngineeredPublicConfession: Homer was unaware he was on a hidden-camera show.
* ShoutOut: ''Taxicab Conversations'' is a spoof of the real-life show ''Taxicab Confessions''.
* SpecialGuest: Plenty of 'em: Music/ElvisCostello, Music/MickJagger, Music/KeithRichards, Music/TomPetty, Music/BrianSetzer, and Music/LennyKravitz.
* ThereAreNoRules: Subverted:
--> '''Mick Jagger''': And remember rule number one, there are no rules. ''(group cheers)'' Rule number two, no outside food.
* ToiletHumour: Marge tells Homer that thanks to his bender, she had to call in sick for him:
--> '''Marge''': I had to tell Mr. Burns you had violent diarrhea.\\
'''Homer''': ''(embarrassed)'' Oh... couldn't you think of a less embarrassing excuse?\\
'''Marge''': But you ''did'' have violent diarrhea! ''(to Bart and Lisa)'' Nobody open the hall closet until I say it's okay.
* WaxingLyrical: When Homer doesn't want to leave rock and roll fantasy camp:
--> '''Mick Jagger''': Cheer up, Homer. [[Music/TheRollingStones It's only rock and roll camp.]]\\
'''Homer''': [[Music/TheRollingStones But I like it!]]
* YankTheDogsChain: On ''Taxicab Conversations'', Homer's asked about his family:
--> '''Homer on TV''': Can't imagine my life without them.\\
'''Marge''': Oh, you big fooler. Pretending not to remember so you could surprise us.\\
'''Homer''': Yeah, I'm pretty great.\\
'''Homer on TV''': At the end of a hard day there's no better feeling than coming home to the people that you love.\\
'''Marge''': Oh, Homie.\\
'''Lisa''': That is so sweet.\\
'''Bart''': I had no idea, Dad. I just assumed with all the stranglings, you know...\\
'''Homer''': That my family isn't the center of my universe? Are you nuts?\\
'''Homer on TV''': Then there's those ''other'' days, where you just wish you never got married or had kids. One minute, you're a carefree teenager with dreams of being a rock star, or a photographer for Playboy then, bam, some babe gets her claws in you. And, boom, you got a bunch of kids that always needs love. So whammo, you get stuck in some boring job where they don't let you play guitar or take pictures of naked women. And all you can do is watch yourself get bald and fat and kiss your dreams goodbye.