Flanders dates a movie star, and fears her libertine Hollywood lifestyle clashes with his conservative, Christian values.
* AgainstMyReligion: Ned only decides to have sex with Sara if they get married. Sara doesn't want to marry Ned, however, and breaks up with him.
* AlliterativeName: Sara Sloane.
* BitingTheHandHumor: Bart says Fox Network has a new President once every year.
* DisproportionateRetribution: Rainier Wolfcastle once beat up Jon Lovitz for giving Sara an award, because he thought their handshake was too intimate.
* ManlyTears: Rainier Wolfcastle references this trope when he asks Sara to take him back, saying that if he could cry, he would cry like a baby that just got hit by a hammer.
* TheSouthpaw: Ned as usual, and Sara. This trope ensures that they meet, as Sara was in the Leftorium looking for left-handed eyelash curlers.
* SingleWomanSeeksGoodMan: Sara Sloane is attracted to Ned's down-to-earth nature, and almost marries him.
* UnableToCry: Rainier Wolfcastle admits this to Sara when he asks her to take him back, saying that "if tears could break through [his] muscular ducts, [he] would cry like a baby that just got hit by a hammer".
* ViceCity: Ned has a nightmare where he imagines Hollywood as one of these when Sara asks Ned to move there with her.