Jane Kazmereck (Lois from ''Series/MalcolmInTheMiddle'') guest stars as the voice of a new, harsher judge who punishes Bart (for joyriding in a police car) and Homer (for letting it happen) by tethering them together.
* AcquaintedWithEmergencyServices: The Simpsons go to court when Bart and Milhouse get in trouble for stealing Chief Wiggum's squad car. Judge Roy Snyder is shown to know Bart already pretty well when he is brought to court. Bart knows him pretty well too, since he knows that he will let him of the hook, since "boys will be boys".
-->'''Marge''': I love our court days. It's about the only thing we do as a family anymore.\\
''(the Simpsons walk past a bailiff)''\\
'''Lisa''': ''(to the bailiff)'' Hey, Karie.\\
'''Karie''': Hey, Lisa.
* BaitAndSwitch: Homer and Marge tried to nail a sign at Judge Harm's house, we see it starts with the letters "[=BI=]". Then we get to see it actually reads "Big Meanie"
* BigDamnHeroes: Judge Snyder gets back from vacation exactly one second before Judge Harm is able to make Bart's sentence official.
* ButForMeItWasTuesday: The Simpsons attitude to appearing in court, Marge say's it the only thing they do as a family anymore.
* ChainedHeat: Bart and Homer.
* CoolAndUnusualPunishment: Bart and Homer are tethered to each other, then Homer and Marge are pilloried. And then, they are forced to stand by the curb so people driving by can spank them ([[EvenEvilHasStandards as long as they don't use extension cords]])
* HangingJudge: Although for personal gains since she does obey the law, Constance Harm is quick to let people know how she got that name.
* JerkAss: [[CaptainObvious Judge Harm's]] punishments are outdated, bordering on illegal.
* KarmaHoudini: Lisa calls Bart out for not taking responsibility for his actions and letting his parents be punished. It isn't until Homer and Marge are sentenced to jail when Bart finally admits he deserves the punishment instead of them. He still get away with it.
* NamesToRunAwayFromReallyFast: Judge Harm really lives up to her name.
* NoCelebritiesWereHarmed: Judge Harm is a parody of Series/JudgeJudy.
* PunishedForSympathy: Bart would've gotten this for standing up for his parents had Judge Roy Snyder not arrived just in time. He [[ScrewTheRulesImDoingWhatsRight even agrees with Lisa]] considering Bart, Homer, and Marge have been through enough.
* ScrewTheRulesIMakeThem: When it comes to Harm's punishment, this tropes makes sense even if she obeys the law.
* SelfDeprecation: During the chalkboard gag, Bart writes "Nobody reads these anymore."
* SpecialGuest: Jane Kaczamarek brings out her [[MalcolmInTheMiddle Lois]] as Judge Constance Harm.
* YouRemindMeOfX: During Bart's trial, Judge Harm tells him "You remind me of me when I was a little boy." Only Snake gets weirded out by [[UnsettlingGenderReveal its implications]].
-->'''Snake:''' Um... did she say she used to be a dude?