Jane Kazmereck (Lois from ''MalcolmInTheMiddle'') guest stars as the voice of a new, harsher judge who punishes Bart (for joyriding in a police car) and Homer (for letting it happen) by tethering them together.
* BaitAndSwitch: Homer and Marge tried to nail a sign at Judge Harm's house, we see it starts with the letters "[=BI=]". Then we get to see it actually reads "Bi[[spoiler:g Meanie]]"
* CoolAndUnusualPunishment: Bart and Homer are tethered to each other, [[spoiler:then Homer and Marge are pilloried. And then, they are forced to stand by the curb so people driving by can spank them ([[EvenEvilHasStandards as long as they don't use extension cords]])]]
* DisproportionateRetribution: Okay, so you want to get even with the judge that sentenced you to the pillory. [[spoiler:Sinking her houseboat]] is a bit much. And if it wasn't intentional, what did Homer intend with that cinder block?
** The implication is that he panicked and tried to hit the judge with the cinderblock when she was about to catch them, yes.
* IdiotBall: Shouldn't Lisa have invoked the eighth amendment while in the courtroom [[spoiler:during either sentence]]?
* JerkAss: [[CaptainObvious Judge Harm]]. UpToEleven, and then some.
* HangingJudge: Although for personal gains since she does obey the law, Constance Harm is quick to let people know how she got that name.
* PunishedForSympathy: Bart would've gotten this for standing up for his parents [[spoiler: had Judge Roy Snyder not arrived just in time. He [[ScrewTheRulesImDoingWhatsRight even agrees with Lisa]] considering Bart, Homer, and Marge have been through enough]].
* ScrewTheRulesIMakeThem: When it comes to Harm's punishment, this tropes makes sense even if she obeys the law.