Jane Kazmereck (Lois from ''Series/MalcolmInTheMiddle'') guest stars as the voice of a new, harsher judge who punishes Bart (for joyriding in a police car) and Homer (for letting it happen) by tethering them together.
* BaitAndSwitch: Homer and Marge tried to nail a sign at Judge Harm's house, we see it starts with the letters "[=BI=]". Then we get to see it actually reads "Big Meanie"
* ChainedHeat: Bart and Homer.
* CoolAndUnusualPunishment: Bart and Homer are tethered to each other, then Homer and Marge are pilloried. And then, they are forced to stand by the curb so people driving by can spank them ([[EvenEvilHasStandards as long as they don't use extension cords]])
* DisproportionateRetribution: Okay, so you want to get even with the judge that sentenced you to the pillory. Sinking her houseboat is a bit much. And if it wasn't intentional, what did Homer intend with that cinder block?
** The implication is that he panicked and tried to hit the judge with the cinderblock when she was about to catch them, yes.
* HangingJudge: Although for personal gains since she does obey the law, Constance Harm is quick to let people know how she got that name.
* IdiotBall: Shouldn't Lisa have invoked the eighth amendment while in the courtroom during either sentence?
** Probably to avoid punishment.
* JerkAss: [[CaptainObvious Judge Harm]]. UpToEleven, and then some. Her punishments are outdated, bordering on illegal.
** It's not like Homer's a saint here, though. See DisproportionateRetribution above, and you'll know why Judge Harm wanted to chuck Homer in prison "till frogs do fractions."
* KarmaHoudini: Lisa calls Bart out for not taking responsibility for his actions and letting his parents be punished. It isnt until Homer and Marge are sentenced to jail when Bart finally admits he deserves the punishment instead of them.
* NamesToRunAwayFromReallyFast: Judge Harm? Yeah, I'm sure she'll give a lenient sentence...
* NoCelebritiesWereHarmed: Judge Harm is a parody of Series/JudgeJudy.
* PunishedForSympathy: Bart would've gotten this for standing up for his parents had Judge Roy Snyder not arrived just in time. He [[ScrewTheRulesImDoingWhatsRight even agrees with Lisa]] considering Bart, Homer, and Marge have been through enough.
* ScrewTheRulesIMakeThem: When it comes to Harm's punishment, this tropes makes sense even if she obeys the law.