After getting in trouble for killing a rare caterpillar, Homer and Marge are sentenced to community service where they must help an elderly woman in her home. When she ends up dead, Homer and Marge are charged with murder.
-->'''Lenny:''' If you ask me, Muhammad Ali in his prime was much better than anti-lock breaks.\\
'''Carl:''' What about Johnny Mathis versus Diet Pepsi?\\
'''Moe:''' Oh, I cannot listen to this again!
* DeusExMachina: [[spoiler:The whole thing turned out to be a reality show. There was no murder and Homer was never going to be executed.]]
* FalseConfession[=/=]HeroicSacrifice: Homer claims to be solely responsible for the murder so that Marge can go free. Though he then asks her to do the same for him, thinking that would get them both off the hook.
* LastMinuteReprieve: Subverted. Just as they're about to execute Homer, the governor calls... to say that he hopes Homer is a squirmer.
* MyEyesAreUpHere: When Homer is talking to Creator/CarmenElectra.
-->'''Carmen:''' Homer, my face is up here.\\
'''Homer:''' I've made my choice.
* ScrewTheMoneyIHaveRules: Chief Wiggum wouldn't take the necklace as a bribe. [[SubvertedTrope Because he could steal it later from the evidence storage]].