After Homer's new pet crows (which have flocked to him after he trashed Marge's new scarecrow for her garden) peck out his eyes, Dr. Hibbert suggests that Homer smoke medicinal marijuana to cure his ocular pain, but the pot turns Homer into a burnout...and Mr. Burns' newest speechwriter.
!!This episode contains examples of: ([[YMMV/TheSimpsonsS13E16WeekendAtBurnsies YMMV Examples here]])
* CloserThanTheyAppear: [[ParodiedTrope Parodied:]]
-->'''Homer''': ''[reads container]'' "Toke as needed. Caution: objects may appear more edible than they actually are."
* ContemplatingYourHands: Homer and Otto partake in this for a bit, including Otto finding a wedding band and that his fingers do "fing".
* ContinuityNod: When Marge assembles the scarecrow, a small bubble of [[MetaGuy Comic Book Guy]] appears and relates the episodes the items used are from. For those curious, said items include Lisa's jersey from [[Recap/TheSimpsonsS6E8LisaOnIce "Lisa on Ice"]], Bart's jockey pants from "[[Recap/TheSimpsonsS11E13SaddlesoreGalactica Saddlesore Galatica]]", a Jack-O-Lantern from multiple TreehouseOfHorror episodes, and a hole-bearing fedora from the fictitious [[NoodleIncident "Who Shot Grampa's Hat?"]].
** As Otto is staring at his hand, he sees a wedding band, saying "Oh, right, I married that chick..." probably referring to Becky from [[Recap/TheSimpsonsS11E21ItsAMadMadMadMadMarge "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge"]].
* CreepyCrows: [[ComicallyMissingThePoint "It's a murder, honey. A group of crows is called a murder."]]
* DrugsAreBad: Parodied
--> '''Bart''': Dad, I thought you didn't like her saxophone?
--> '''Homer''': I didn't but now Daddy's special medicine, ''which you must never use because it will ruin your life'', lets Daddy see and hear magical things that you will never experience! ''Ever.''
* ElCidPloy: After Mr. Burns apparently drowns, Smithers and Homer turn him into a marionette to fool the investors. Somehow, it works, and Burns regains consciousness.
* ExactWords: Even after his eyes being cured, he kept a joint as a "reminder". Not a reminder of being on drugs, an actual memo pad he used to remind himself that he needs to go to the dentist on Tuesday.
* EverythingsBetterWithRainbows: In a hilarious use of this trope, Homer starts seeing rainbows ''everywhere'' when he uses the drugs.
* EyeScream: The crows particularly attack Homer's eyes, trying to "drink his sweet eye juices", according to Hibbert.
* GroinAttack: In a flashback, Homer is shown stuffing a joint into the crotch of his pants to hide it from a drug-sniffing dog. You can imagine what happens next.
* ImprovisedParachute: Maggie flaps her arms when she sees the crows as a baby might. They lift her into the air, assuming she wants to fly despite Homer's protests. She slips from their grip but manages to save herself by using her diaper as a parachute.
* [[WatchItStoned Listen To It Stoned]]: Homer apparently likes Lisa's saxophone music and Mr. Burns' lame jokes a lot more when he's stoned.
* MarijuanaIsLSD / MushroomSamba: Homer starts seeing everything with smiley faces and rainbows once he starts smoking pot. The soundtrack also plays Donovan's "Wear Your Love Like Heaven" when Homer drives his car through the sky to work.
* [[NeverTrustATrailer Never Trust An Episode Title]]: Even though the episode title is a pun on ''Film/WeekendAtBernies'', the parody of it is very shallow (Smithers and Homer finding Mr. Burns dead and propping him up to make him look alive) and is seen near the end of the episode.
* PeoplePuppets: Smithers directs Mr. Burns this way at the investors' meeting to hide the fact that he's unconscious (thought by them to be dead). At the end, Homer chides Smithers for wanting to take Burns to the hospital. Annoyed, Burns has Smithers, who still has Burns on marionette strings, manipulate his hand to slap Homer and himself (while also slapping Burns at his own request).
* ShapedLikeItself: Otto's comment about why they call them fingers if they don't fing, then realizing they do fing.
* ShoutOut: The title is a reference to the movie ''Film/WeekendAtBernies'' and shares a similar premise in trying to make it appear that a dead body is still alive (though Mr. Burns is revived).
** While stoned, Homer sings [[Music/DeepPurple "Smoke on the Water"]] which is what alerts the family to his pot use (though the telltale trails of smoke do too).
** Also while stoned, Homer watches an episode of Film/TheThreeStooges with Otto.
* StonersAreFunny: Most of the episode's humor comes from this principle.