Grampa dates an old woman who only likes him because he has a driver's license.
!! Tropes (YMMV tropes can be found [[YMMV/TheSimpsonsS13E13TheOldManAndTheKey here]]):
* ArmorPiercingSlap: Abe gives Zelda one after meeting up with her again in Branson.
* BorrowedCatchphrase: Abe uses "Woohoo!" multiple times in this episode.
* GoldDigger: Zelda
* InexplicablyIdenticalIndividuals: In Bronson, Missouri, everyone looks and talks like Creator/CharlesBronson.
* JustTheIntroductionToTheOpposites: Abe acts like a wild teenager while Homer acts as the stern father.
-->'''Homer:''' He has to learn the way my dad made me learn.
-->'''Marge:''' He ''is'' your dad!
-->'''Homer:''' ''(beat)'' Cosmic.
* ParentingTheParent: Homer of all people has to take up this role when Abe acts like a teenager who thinks they're in love and reacts accordingly when Homer and Marge call him out on staying out all night with the car.
* PuffOfLogic: Abe finds Tennessee Ernie Ford backstage and informs him that he's dead. When he shows Ford his own obituary, Ford suddenly crumbles into dust.
* PunctuatedForEmphasis: "[[FullNameBasis Abraham J. Simpson]], you are ''never! Driving! Again! EVER!''
** And for added effect, the camera cuts closer to Homer's pith with each punctation.
* ShoutOut: One to ''Series/TheMunsters'', and at the end credits, ''Series/TheBeverlyHillbillies''.