Homer needs to do a good deed before he can go into Heaven in ''G-G-G-Ghost D-D-D-Dad'', the Simpson kids get lost in a warped fairy tale world in ''Scary Tales Can Come True'', and dolphins rise from the waters to take over Springfield in ''Night of The Dolphins''.
* AbusiveParents: Homer and Marge in the second story. Homer throws kids away and Marge berates him for doing that instead of ''selling'' them.
* AlwaysChaoticEvil: The dolphins are this in the third story, especially after their king is freed, who then declares war on humans.
* BalefulPolymorph: Homer in the second story gets transformed by the wicked witch into a fish-headed chicken with broom for wings. Apparently he can ''lay eggs''.
* TheBadGuyWins: The evil dolphins win the war, and banish all of Springfield to the sea.
* BrickJoke: A deleted scene showed that Abe would have exploded out of a dolphin after being swallowed by one earlier.
* ConvenientlyTimedDistraction: In "Scary Tales Can Come True" segment, when the witch tries to stuff Homer into her stove, she gets distracted when she hears a knock at her door allowing Homer to overpower her and shove her into the stove and lock her inside.
* ExactWords: In the second story, Homer [[FalseReassurance told his children]] no child would starve in his home. Cut to the next scene with him ditching them at the forest.
* HelpingGrannyCrossTheStreet: Homer (as a ghost) tries to do this to get into Heaven, but ends up dropping Principal Skinner's mom in the street.
-->"Um, I'm pretty sure she was going to be the next Hitler."
* KilledOffScreen: Goldilocks' death in the Three Bear's home.
* MandatoryLine: Kang and Kodos appear at the end to [[LampshadeHanging complain about the fact that they weren't included in this episode]].
* PapaWolf: The first dolphin punched by Homer when the war between Springfield and the dolphins began was the baby dolphin that bit Lisa in the arm only seconds earlier.
* RealAfterAll: The witch's boyfriend George Cauldron wasn't made up after all.
* ShoutOut: The intro has the Simpsons as a parody of ''TheMunsters''.
* StockYuck: Homer is killed by ''brocolli,'' which is supposedly toxic in this story, and Doctor Hibbert says "It tries to warn you with its terrible taste!"
* TooDumbToLive: Lisa removes a six-pack plastic ring from a baby dolphin, who then [[UngratefulBastard bites her in the arm]]. This was the last straw for [[PapaWolf Homer]], and he [[LaserGuidedKarma punches it almost right away]].
* UnwittingInstigatorOfDoom: Lisa frees an abused dolphin, who turns out to be ''the King'' of the dolphins- and thus King Snorky begins the dolphin invasion on Springfield.
* YankTheDogsChain: Homer manages to do one good deed, only to go to Hell for missing the deadline, [[WhatAnIdiot since God did not see that good deed]].
* YouHave48Hours: Homer will go to Hell if he misses the deadline.