Homer needs to do a good deed before he can go into Heaven in ''G-G-G-Ghost D-D-D-Dad'', the Simpson kids get lost in a warped fairy tale world in ''Scary Tales Can Come True'', and dolphins rise from the waters to take over Springfield in ''Night of The Dolphins''.
* AbusiveParents: Homer and Marge in the second story. Homer throws kids away and Marge berates him for doing that instead of ''selling'' them.
* BalefulPolymorph: Homer in the second story gets transformed by the wicked witch into [[spoiler: a fish-headed chicken with broom for wings. Apparently he can ''lay eggs'']]
* ConvenientlyTimedDistraction: In "Scary Tales Can Come True" segment, when the witch tries to stuff Homer into her stove, she gets distracted when she hears a knock at her door allowing Homer to overpower her and shove her into the stove and lock her inside.
* ExactWords: In the second story, Homer [[FalseReassurance told his children]] no child would starve in his home. Cut to the next scene with him ditching them at the forest.
* HelpingGrannyCrossTheStreet: Homer (as a ghost) tries to do this to get into Heaven, but ends up dropping Principal Skinner's mom in the street.
-->"Um, I'm pretty sure she was going to be the next Hitler."
* KilledOffScreen: Goldilocks' death in the Three Bear's home.
* MandatoryLine: Kang and Kodos appear at the end to [[LampshadeHanging complain about the fact that they weren't included in this episode]].
* StockYuck: Homer chokes on a ''brocolli'' and Doctor Hibbert says "It tries to warn you with its terrible taste!"
* UnwittingInstigatorOfDoom: Lisa frees an abused dolphin, who turns out to be ''the King'' of the dolphins- and thus King Snorky begins the dolphin invasion on Springfield.
* YouHave48Hours: Homer will go to Hell if he misses the deadline.