In this homage to such movies as ''Go'' and ''Run, Lola, Run'', Homer's severed thumb, Lisa's mad rush to school, and Bart and Milhouse enountering the local Mafia are interconnected to show how each of these events are related.
* AnArmAndALeg: Homer's severed thumb.
* FrenchJerk: The West Springfield counterpart of Lisa's classroom has a French class, who laugh at her predicament.
-->'''Lisa:''' I'm at the wrong school!
-->'''French Teacher:''' ''en francais''...
-->(''students laugh in snooty manner'')
* RecycledSet: An animation version. Lisa is mistakenly dropped at West Springfield Elementary, which looks exactly identical to Springfield Elementary. One of the students notes that all schools in the area were drawn from the same floorplan. This is TruthInTelevision in some areas, especially areas with a lot of schools built at the same time.
* ShoutOut: To ''Film/RunLolaRun''.
* SomethingCompletelyDifferent: Much like "22 Short Films About Springfield," this episode tells its story in interconnected vignettes. Unlike "22 Short Films About Springfield," this episode focuses on how Homer getting his thumb cut off, Lisa ending up in the wrong school, and Bart and Milhouse running afoul of Fat Tony and his men are related to each other.
* TooDumbToLive: Or in Homer's case, "too dumb and impatient to realize that one shouldn't reach into a pan when your wife is using a knife to cut the brownies."
** The mobsters were also stupid enough to keep taunting Linguo with bad grammar until he blew up -- never mind that the explosion set off the illegal fireworks.