After Homer's jerk ways at the supermarket causes a bag boy strike, the Simpsons are left without food -- until they find a 1960s-era box of animal crackers advertising a contest where the winners get to go to Africa.
!!Tropes appearing in the episode:
* EverythingsBetterWithMonkeys: Or chimpanzees in this case.
* EvilPoacher: [[spoiler: Subverted. The poachers turned out to be Greenpeace members.]]
* LanguageBarrier: When the Simpsons are lost in the jungle, sailing down a river, they encounter two ominous sounding tribesmen, so Homer tries to hit them with a spear. However, they were actually saying very nice things, at least according to the subtitles.
* NeverSmileAtACrocodile: "Don't worry. Getting eaten by a crocodile is like going to sleep... in a giant blender."
* ScrewTheMoneyIHaveRules: Lisa wouldn't take any diamonds JoanBushwell tried to bribe the Simpsons with.
* ScrewTheRulesIHaveMoney: Or diamonds in that case as Homer, Marge, Bart and even Maggie can confirm.
* RedHerring: The episode starts with bag boy's strike. It is referenced by Homer twice during the trip just to really drive home its Herring status.
* WhaleEgg: The rhino has just hatched out of the egg!
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: The bag boy crisis is never resolved.