When Otto picks up a new girl named Francine, Lisa tries to befriend her, only to end up getting bullied by her. Meanwhile, Homer becomes a babyproofer and causes mass unemployment in all child-related health businesses.
!!Tropes of this episode:
* AdultsAreUseless: As far as the school is although Willie tries to help, he could’ve at least stayed with Lisa and not worry about the paper towels.
* TheBully: Francine and Homer was he was a teenager.
* ComicallyMissingThePoint: After listening to a speech Lisa made about bullying being chemical, a speech that was so simplified a dumbass like him would be able to understand it. He says this immortal line.
--> '''Homer:''' So all her bullying was just to get some attention.
--> '''Lisa:''' No da--
--> '''Homer:''' [[BrokenRecord Just to get some attention.]]
* DumbassHasAPoint: Homer actually does make a good point about baby safety.
* SeriesContinuityError: This episode established that Homer and Smithers went to school together, but "The Blunder Years" next season reveals that Smithers was a baby around the time Homer was in his teens.
* TooDumbToLive: Homer giving Maggie a nail gun while trying to keep her safe.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: The A-story of Lisa and Francine was originally going to have Lisa challenge Francine to a fight, but end up in trouble with Principal Skinner and sent to a juvenile detention center where the inmates make counterfeit jeans.
* WouldntHitAGirl: When Lisa tells Nelson and company about Francine, they refuse to do it because girls fight dirtier and they may fall in love with her.