When Otto picks up a new girl named Francine, Lisa tries to befriend her, only to end up getting bullied by her. Meanwhile, Homer becomes a babyproofer and causes mass unemployment in all child-related health businesses.
!!Tropes of this episode:
* AdultsAreUseless: As far as the school is although Willie tries to help, he could’ve at least stayed with Lisa and not worry about the paper towels.
* TheBully: Francine and Homer was he was a teenager.
* ClothingSwitch: Marge accidentally dresses Bart and Lisa in each other's clothes during the morning rush in the beginning of the episode. This lasted for one shot before they're inexplicably back in their usual clothes.
* ComicallyMissingThePoint: Homer listens to a speech Lisa makes about bullying being chemical, a speech that was so simplified a dumbass like him would be able to understand it. His response?
--> '''Homer:''' So all her bullying was just to get some attention.\\
'''Lisa:''' No, Da--\\
'''Homer:''' [[BrokenRecord Just to get some attention.]]
* DumbassHasAPoint: Homer actually does make a good point about baby safety.
* SeriesContinuityError: This episode established that Homer and Smithers went to school together, but "The Blunder Years" next season reveals that Smithers was a baby around the time Homer was in his teens.
* TooDumbToLive: Homer giving Maggie a nail gun while trying to keep her safe.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: The A-story of Lisa and Francine was originally going to have Lisa challenge Francine to a fight, but end up in trouble with Principal Skinner and sent to a juvenile detention center where the inmates make counterfeit jeans.
* WouldntHitAGirl: When Lisa tells Nelson and company about Francine, they refuse to do it because girls fight dirtier and they may fall in love with her.