Homer becomes a local celebrity for bowling a 300 game, but is DrivenToSuicide (again) when his star fades, but when he gets rescued, he decides to give his neglected daughter, Maggie, some attention.
* ArtisticLicenseBiology: At the bowling alley, Milhouse is being tortured by Jimbo, Dolph and Kearney by [[AmusingInjuries having his head stuck repeatedly in the bowl shine.]] He the cries out to them that they're polishing bone, only for them to ignore him and keep doing it. In reality, if they had reached his bone, Milhouse would already be dead.
* ComicallyMissingThePoint: When Homer plays ''Where's Waldo?'':
--> '''Homer''': This would be a lot easier without all these people.
* ContinuityNod: Homer knowing Ron Howard.
* ADayInTheLimelight: Not only is it one of many, many episodes focusing on Homer, but it also focuses on Homer trying to bond with Maggie "The Forgotten" Simpson.
* DespairEventHorizon: Homer borders it once he feels he has no reason to live, but comes back strong once he meets Ron Howard and gets parenting advice.
* FifteenMinutesOfFame: Homer wins a 300 game and gets a short window of fame and keeps going until the news has to call him out on it.
* NoodleIncident: How did Hans Moleman get in the sewer and become King of the Moles (unless that's an identical twin)? And did it have anything to do with getting pushed around by the guy on the street?
** On Homer's list of things he wants to do before he dies is "See Music/StevieNicks Naked", and there's ''[[RuleOfThree three]]'' check-marks next to it.
* OutOfCharacterMoment: Mr. Burns does ''not'' have to be reminded who Homer is.
* PetTheDog: For once, not only is Itchy not trying to kill Scratchy, he is telling everyone not to make him cry.
--> '''Wiggum''': You just bought yourself a 3-17: pointing out police stupidity. Or is that a 3-14? Nah, nah. 3-14 is a dog, uh- No. Or is that a 3-15?. You're in trouble, pal!
* RhetoricalQuestionBlunder: When Homer is pulled over for speeding:
--> '''Wiggum''': All right, smart guy. Where's the fire?\\
'''Homer''': Over there. ''(points to a fire)''
* ShoutOut: To entertain his daughter, Homer dresses as a [[Series/TheTeletubbies a Teletubby]] named "Homie-Womey", which then morphs into a TakeThat towards the Rev. Jerry Falwell with him then declaring that he's [[RatedMForManly "all man" to clear up some things.]][[note]]Falwell had denounced the show and in particular the purple Teletubby, Tinky-Winky, who also carried a purse and, [[InsaneTrollLogic by extension, was declared gay and detrimental to parents and children.]][[/note]]
* SuicideDare: When Homer deliberates a little too long in a line to jump off a skyscraper, the guy behind him says "Less chat, more splat, pal" and pushes him off. Subverted both in that Homer wasn't hurt by the fall, and because the guy was planning to do the same thing himself immediately afterwards, so he wasn't being a hypocrite.
* WhereTheHellIsSpringfield: Springfield's state was about to be revealed via the Krusty the Klown Show's mailing address. [[https://frinkiac.com/gif/S11E06/394360/394560/ Too bad breaking news had to interrupt.]]