Homer becomes a local celebrity for bowling a 300 game, but is DrivenToSuicide (again) when his star fades, but when he gets rescued, he decides to give his neglected daughter, Maggie, some attention.
* ADayInTheLimelight: Not only is it one of many, many episodes focusing on Homer, but it also focuses on Homer trying to bond with Maggie "The Forgotten" Simpson.
* ContinuityNod: Homer knowing Ron Howard.
* DespairEventHorizon: Homer borders it once he feels he has no reason to live, but comes back strong once he meets Ron Howard and gets parenting advice.
* FifteenMinutesOfFame: Homer wins a 300 game and gets a short window of fame and keeps going until the news has to call him out on it.
* NoodleIncident: How did Hans Moleman get in the sewer and become King of the Moles (unless that's an identical twin)? And did it have anything to do with getting pushed around by the guy on the street?
* SuicideDare: When Homer deliberates a little too long in a line to jump off a skyscraper, the guy behind him says "Less chat, more splat, pal" and pushes him off. Subverted both in that Homer wasn't hurt by the fall, and because the guy was planning to do the same thing himself immediately afterwards, so he wasn't being a hypocrite.