Homer becomes a food critic for the local newspaper, but he gets too caustic for the local restaurant owners' liking.
* CausticCritic: Homer becomes one about halfway through, causing local restaurants to lose so much business that their owners conspire to have him killed.
** Specifically, Homer becomes more critical after being confronted by several other critics, all of whom are like this -- including one who reviews ''farm supplies''.
* ConstrainedWriting: When Homer becomes a food critic, he writes a review without using the letter E. That's because the E key on his typewriter is broken. "By Homer-no-Earl-no-''Bill'' Simpson!"
* FourPointScale: In-universe; initially Homer gives ''everything'' a good review, simply because he loves food so much.
* SureLetsGoWithThat: Homer's first review was written with a typewriter that didn't have a working "E". When the editor dismissed it as a joke, Homer decided it was indeed a joke.
* ThisTropeIsBLEEP: Homer's cursing while driving behind an ambulance. Parodied, as the words that got bleeped out weren't the kind of curse words that warrant a bleeping on TV.