After seeing a film about a shy, bookish, Spanish girl who becomes a tango dancer's partner in a contest, Lisa begs Marge to let her take tango lessons, but ends up taking tap lessons from a former 1930s child star modelled after ShirleyTemple and tries to hide the fact that she's terrible at tap from Homer and Marge. Meanwhile, Homer gets laser eye surgery and Bart and Milhouse hide out at the mall after Nelson announces that he's going to summer camp with them.
* CuttingTheKnot: Lisa's automatic self-tapping shoes go haywire, and soon Lisa is out of control. Almost everybody flees except for Marge and Homer, who saves the day by tripping Lisa.
-->'''Lisa''': Whew! Thanks, Dad.
-->'''Homer''': I didn't think, I just acted.
* ICantDance: Subverted in that Lisa is terrible at tap. However, it's implied that she could have been much better at it if she got some more specialized instruction than the rote "tappa tappa tappa" method Little Vicki used.
* InvoluntaryDance: Lisa's automatic self-tapping shoes go out of control when the audience at her recital applauds, and she can't stop dancing.
* TheLastTitle: The name of the episode.
* ShowWithinAShow: ''The Cyborganizer''.
* TrickedOutShoes: Lisa tries to perform in her class's recital with a pair of automatic self-tapping shoes. Unfortunately, they were designed by [[BunglingInventor Professor Frink]] and end up going haywire.
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: Homer's laser eye subplot stopped with him blinded by his eye crust and taken to the liquor store by Dolph, Jimbo, and Kearney (with Kearney driving and pretending to be Marge). It's never brought up again nor do viewers see what happened when Homer tried to buy Jack Daniels and cigarettes for the trio. Also, it's never explained how Bart & Milhouse got out of the mall, since the plot disappears after the puma eats the ball.
* UnwittingInstigatorOfDoom: Homer leads the audience in giving Lisa standing ovation for her performance, causing her self-tapping shoes to overload and go crazy. In his defense, nobody knew she was wearing them.