The Simpsons are going on spring break in Florida to hopefully cure Homer of his insomnia-induced insanity and fear of dying...but find themselves on the run from the law for running down the town's mascot, Captain Jack.
* AFoolForAClient: Homer defends himself and his family in court -- and ends up getting everyone sentenced to hard labor in a chain gang, all because he opened with, "Drunken hicks of the jury..."
* MadnessMantra: "Can't sleep, gonna die. Can't sleep, gonna die."
* MortonsFork: When Homer gets told "No listenin', you hear me?", it's pretty obvious any answer would get Homer whipped.
* NeverSmileAtACrocodile: Averted with Captain Jack.
* PersonaNonGrata: The Simpsons are not allowed to return to Florida ever again (even though they would return later in "Catch 'Em If You Can" and "Special Edna"). As of now, the only states they're not banned from are Arizona and North Dakota.