Realizing that he's ugly after his face gets censored on the new Duff calendar, Moe gets plastic surgery and gets back at everyone who thought he was too ugly -- which lands him a role on Springfield's most popular soap opera, ''It Never Ends''. Meanwhile, Bart and Lisa chase after Maggie's runaway pink elephant balloon.
* HollywoodHomely: Discussed InUniverse by the producers of ''It Never Ends'' after rejecting Moe's audition.
-->'''Producer:''' What were you thinking?
-->'''Casting:''' Well, you said you wanted gritty. In other words, ugly.
-->'''Producer:''' I wanted Mary Ann on ''Series/GilligansIsland'' ugly, not Cornelius on ''Franchise/PlanetOfTheApes'' ugly. TV-ugly, not...ugly-ugly.[[note]]'''Moe:''' I've been called ugly, fugly, pugly, pug-fugly... but not ugly-ugly![[/note]]
** After plastic surgery makes him handsome, he wears an eyepatch on the show, which apparently makes him Hollywood Homely.
* LoopholeAbuse: As his prize for winning a Duff-sponsored contest, Moe gets his face on the new Duff calendar. The company's executives don't want to show Moe's ugly face but, not allowed to go back on the terms of the contest, they merely cover it up with several stickers.
* OpenMouthInsertFoot: When Moe realizes how ugly his photo is, Carl tries to console him.
-->'''Moe:''' Am I really that ugly?
-->'''Carl:''' Moe, it's all relative. Is Lenny really that dumb? Is Barney that drunk? Is Homer that lazy, bald, and fat?
-->'''Moe:''' Oh, my God, it's worse than I thought!
-->(''Moe, Lenny, Barney, and Homer start sobbing'')
-->'''Carl:''' (''[[BreakingTheFourthWall to camera]]'') See, this is why I don't talk much.
* TheOtherDarrin: In-universe. Moe replaces the actor who portrays Dr. Tad Winslow in a soap opera.
* ShowWithinAShow: A soap opera titled "It Never Ends".
* StatusQuoIsGod: In the end, a set piece falls on top of Moe's face, undoing the plastic surgery. Lampshaded later on as Moe wonders why his face hadn't turned into something completely different.
* TemptingFate: After being fired from the soap opera "It Never Ends", Moe says he doesn't need the role because his beautiful face can get him any role in Springfield. A set piece then falls on his face, reverting it back to its pre-surgery self.