Realizing that he's ugly after his face gets censored on the new Duff calendar, Moe gets plastic surgery and gets back at everyone who thought he was too ugly -- which lands him a role on Springfield's most popular soap opera, ''It Never Ends''. Meanwhile, Bart and Lisa chase after Maggie's runaway pink elephant balloon.
* HollywoodHomely: Discussed InUniverse by the producers of ''It Never Ends''.
-->'''Producer:''' What were you thinking?
-->'''Casting:''' Well, you said you wanted gritty. In other words, ugly.
-->'''Producer:''' I wanted Mary Ann on ''Series/GilligansIsland'' ugly, not Cornelius on ''Franchise/PlanetOfTheApes'' ugly. TV-ugly, not... ugly-ugly.
* OpenMouthInsertFoot: When Moe realizes how ugly his photo is, Carl tries to console him.
-->'''Moe:''' Am I really that ugly?
-->'''Carl:''' Moe, it's all relative. Is Lenny really that dumb? Is Barney that drunk? Is Homer that lazy, bald, and fat?
-->'''Moe:''' Oh, my God, it's worse than I thought!
-->(''Moe, Lenny, Barney, and Homer start sobbing'')
-->'''Carl:''' (''[[BreakingTheFourthWall to camera]]'') See, this is why I don't talk much.
* TheOtherDarrin: In-universe. Moe replaces the actor who portrays Dr. Tad Winslow in a soap opera.
* ShowWithinAShow: A soap opera titled "It Never Ends".
* StatusQuoIsGod: In the end, a set piece falls on top of Moe's face, undoing the plastic surgery. Lampshaded later on as Moe wonders why his face hadn't turned into something completely different.