While enjoying a day at the NASCAR races, Homer's shirtless antics inadvertently cause the death of Ned Flanders' wife, Maude.
* GettingCrapPastTheRadar: [[http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_U8QxpkDnPrQ/TS9tQdEV1aI/AAAAAAAAAQs/XZZz-goN11A/s1600/tumblr_l8mzfo8IkI1qdoghio1_500.png Ned's endowment.]]
* GilliganCut: Ned tells his sons he won't attend church, saying "I'm going to sit right here and miss church. You just watch." Cut to Ned hurriedly driving, saying "Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry,sorry!"
* PartingWordsRegret: Flanders regrets telling his wife "No foot longs" instead of "I love you" or something more meaningful.
* TonightSomeoneDies: The promos for "Alone Again, Natura-Diddily" literally asked: "Who will ''die''?", and proceeding to list off a bunch of potential victims. Unfortunately, word got out before the episode aired that Maude would be the unfortunate one, so these promos didn't generate the expected suspense.
* TwentyOneGunSalute: In honor of the way Maude died, there's a twenty-one t-shirt-gun salute at her funeral.