Bart becomes a faith healer after removing a glued-on bucket from Homer's head at a church revival. Meanwhile, Homer builds a homecoming float from his alma mater (the college he briefly went to in "[[Recap/TheSimpsonsS5E3HomerGoesToCollege Homer Goes to College]].")
* CallBack: Homer returns to the same university he went to in "Homer Goes to College".
* ComicBookTime: Parodied. As Homer sets up a prank on Dean Peterson, the security guards recognize Homer for running him over five years ago. They bring up a photogram of him from that time, about to eat a fish. [[EnhanceButton They then age the picture five years.]] All that's different is that Homer's clothes had rotted, he had grown a beard, and the fish turned into a skeleton.
* ItBurns: Homer shouts it after having the bucket removed.
-->'''Homer:''' I see the light! It burns!
* MaybeMagicMaybeMundane: Lisa tries to explain to Bart that the real reason the glued-on bucket got off Homer's head was that the hot stage lights heated the bucket, which liquefied the glue, while also expanding the bucket and allowing Bart to pull it off.
* SeriesContinuityError: Lisa says Homer only attended Springfield University for one term. However, the episode "Homer Goes to College" ends with Homer agreeing to return to Springfield University to set a good example since he cheated to pass the first time.
* ShoutOut: The Springfield University halftime song parodies "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" from ''Film/DirtyDancing''.
* YouDontLookLikeYou: Dean Peterson looks nothing like he did back in "Homer Goes to College".