Lisa's A+++ grade she got on a test for the book, ''The Wind and the Willows'', gives Springfield Elementary the grant money it sorely needs to update the school. The problem: Lisa cheated on the exam after spending her sick days from school playing video games instead of studying. Meanwhile, Homer raises a lobster to eat, but makes it his pet.
* FelonyMisdemeanor: Lisa worries that an F on her exam will cost her admission to Harvard University, and the only school that would accept her would be [[TakeThat Brown University]].
* GenreSavvy: Knowing Lisa would confess, the whole town staged a fake ceremony to trick her into thinking she confessed and Comptroller Atkins decided to give the money anyway and later they brought a fake Lisa to trick Comptroller Atkins.
* HonorBeforeReason: Despite the fact that it would benefit everyone in school, Lisa intends to try and stop it from happening just because she feels bad about cheating when it was her own fault to begin with.
* ScrewTheMoneyIHaveRules: Lisa.
* ScrewTheRulesIHaveMoney: Every Springfielder but Lisa.
* TakeThat: Marge telling Bart that they're not changing their religion to Catholic because "...three kids is enough, thank you." The Catholic League at the time spoke out against that line.
** The ImagineSpot of Lisa being forced to go to Brown University due to her one "F."
-->'''Skinner''': Mmmm, Brown. Heckuva school. Weren't you at Brown, Otto?
-->'''Otto''': Yup. Almost got tenure, too.