In this year's tales of terror, Homer gets a hair transplant from a dead criminal (Snake Jailbird), Bart and Lisa go on TV (thanks to a radioactive remote control), and The Simpsons are the latest guests on ''The Jerry Springer Show'' after Marge confesses that Maggie was the product of an abduction-cum-one night stand with Kang the alien.
!!This episode contains examples of: ([[YMMV/TheSimpsonsS10E4TreehouseOfHorrorIX YMMV Examples here]])
* AngryFistShake: Snake's hair after being shot several times.
* AnimatedActors: Hinted to be the case with Itchy and Scratchy during "The Terror of Tiny Toon".
* ArsonMurderAndJaywalking: The three strikes Snake was executed for were: setting fire at an orphanage; blowing up a busful of nuns (which Snake declares was in self-defense); and smoking at a Kwik-E-Mart.
* BondOneLiner: After shooting Snake's hair:
-->'''Wiggum:''' Now that's what I call a bad hair day.\\
''[[[EverybodyLaughsEnding Everyone in the room laughs]]]''\\
'''Marge:''' May I remind you that two people are dead, and... [[LateToThePunchline Oh, wait, I just got it!]] ''[joins in on the laugh]''
-->'''Lisa''': Of course, the transplant! Somehow Snake's hair must be controlling-
-->'''Marge''': [[LampshadeHanging Oh, please, Lis, everyone's already figured that out.]]
* ClusterFBomb: The unsurprising result of the faimily's appearance on Jerry Springer.
-->'''Marge''': I am so (bleep)ing embarressed right now...
* DarkerAndEdgier: The episode uses a more macabre version of the show's opening sequence. We have Bart writing down the chalkboard punishment in blood, later him botching his jump off Homer's sunroof and snapping his neck. Lisa then follows suit by cycling into Bart's corpse and ricocheting headfirst into the garage wall, as Homer gets run over by Marge as she drives by. The couch gag then sees Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees sitting on the couch, apparently waiting for the family to arrive.
* DisproportionateRetribution: Because ''one'' audience member asked Kang a hard-hitting question, he kills the entire Jerry Springer audience.
** Snake getting sent to death for smoking in the Kwik-E-mart.
* EyePop: In "The Terror of Tiny Toon" where Bart and Lisa are caught inside ''Itchy & Scratchy'''s show.
* KillItWithFire: Dr. Hibbert's solution to Maggie growing tentacles.
-->'''Homer:''' Is there anything you can prescribe, doctor?
--> '''Dr. Hibbert:''' Fire! And lots of it!
--> '''Marge:''' That's your cure for everything!
* MediumBlending: In "The Terror of Tiny Toon", Bart, Lisa, Itchy and Scratchy fall into the live action "Live With Regis & Kathie Lee" (as it was then titled) show. Regis Philbin and Kathie Lee Gifford both appear as themselves.
* OhCrap: Apu hearing Snake's voice from Homer.
-->'''Apu:''' Snake? But you're dead!\\
'''Homer/Snake:''' I know you are, but what am I? *shoots Apu*
* RogerRabbitEffect: In "The Terror of Tiny Toon", when Bart and Lisa end up in "Live With Regis & Kathie Lee".
* RuleOfThree: Snake was executed because of the three strikes law. Also, as usual, the treehouse of horror had three stories.
* SpeedSex: In "Starship Poopers", after Kang shoots his insemination beam at Marge:
--> '''Kang''': Insemination complete.\\
'''Marge''': Really? That seemed awfully quick.\\
'''Kang''': What are you implying?\\
'''Marge''': Nothing, nothing.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: In "The Terror of Tiny Toon", Bart and Lisa were originally going to end up on ''Series/AllyMcBeal'', but that ended up being dropped when Calista Flockhart backed out at the last minute (which explains the live action portion with Regis Philbin and Kathie Lee Gifford).
** (combined with TooSoon): Originally, Troy [=McClure=] was supposed to host Snake's execution on FOX, but the writers found that to be in bad taste due to PhilHartman's recent murder, so they reanimated the scene and hired Ed [=McMahon=] as the new host.
* YouBastard: Itchy and Scratchy are distressed by Bart and Lisa amusement at their antics, [[EnemyMine and team up to kill them]].
* YourMom: In "Starship Poopers", Kang delivers one of these to Homer while on The JerrySpringer Show.
--> '''Kang''': Well (bleep) you hyperbolic parabaloid (bleep) yo mama!