On the first day back to school from summer break, Lisa meets a girl her age who acts twice her age and wants Lisa and her friends to do the same. Meanwhile, Homer recruits Bart to help him make money off recycling grease.
This episode aired as the LeadIn for the premiere of ''Series/That70sShow''.
* AnAesop: Don't be in a such a rush to grow up and enjoy your childhood while you still can.
* AgeInappropriateDress: Invoked as AnAesop. Alex, a new student and popular girl, convince Lisa and other schoolgirls to imitating pop culture icons and wearing age-inappropriate clothing.
* AirVentEscape: Homer and Bart to get in and out of the school's kitchen.
* BrokenAesop: Considering that Lisa has both the intellect and attitude of a college student and constantly shames the other children for being children and [[SoapBoxSadie ignoring greater world issues]], it's not really a subject she has an authority on.
* ComicallyMissingThePoint: Since Marge is the one who buys the food he takes the grease from, Homer doesn't consider the money spent to get it despite being pointed out ''he'' is the one who provides her with the money.
* ContinuityNod: Alison from "Lisa's Rival" is among the girls Alex and Lisa hang with.
* CrashIntoHello: Millhouse takes off his glasses when he sees Lisa but ends up crashing into a shop display.
* EyeScream: Homer has an unfortunate incident with a vacuum.
* IAmOneOfThoseToo: Homer inadvertently keeps [[DiggingYourselfDeeper digging himself deeper]] because Willie is every one of the things he claims he is.
-->'''Homer''': Uh, buh, buh, we're new foreign exchange students from ... uh, um ... Scotland!
-->'''Willie''': Saints be praised, I'm from Scotland! Where do ya hail from?
-->'''Homer''': Uh ... North ... Kilttown.
-->'''Willie''': No foolin'! I'm from North Kilttown! Do you know Angus [=McLeod=]?
-->'''Homer''': Wait a minute! There's no Angus [=McLeod=] in North Kilttown! [[RefugeInAudacity Why, you're not from Scotland at all]]!
* LittleBlackDress: Lisa dons one to get a date for the dance.
* LongBusTrip: Alison, who last appeared in season six, reappears here.
* NotSoAboveItAll: Turns out Alex isn't totally above having a greaseball fight for fun.
* SocialServicesDoesNotExist: Homer forces Bart to skip school to help him with his grease recycling business and nobody does anything about it.
* VerbalTic: Lisa gets frustrated pretty quickly with Alex's constant use of "He-LOO!"
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: The men from the Acne Grease Corporation get set up as a pair of villains when they steal the grease Homer takes from Krusty Burger. But they're never seen again after that.
* WiseBeyondTheirYears: Alex, or so she thinks.