When a steak-eating contest between Homer and a beloved trucker proves fatal for the latter, Homer (accompanied by Bart) decides to complete his final run for him. Meanwhile, Lisa and Marge buy a new doorbell, but can't get anyone to ring it.
* AttentionDeficitOohShiny: Homer, as usual.
-->'''Trucker:''' ''(to Homer, threateningly)'' All right, pal, here's the deal. You stumbled on a secret that only truck drivers are supposed to know.\\
''(Homer bursts into laughter. The trucker quickly glances behind him.)''\\
'''Trucker:''' Hey! Pay attention and stop looking at that squirrel!\\
''(Cut to the squirrel in question, which is just chattering, picking up an acorn, and looking around.)''
* BigEater: Red Barclay and Tony Randall. Homer is no match for Red and probably no match for Tony either.
* ComicallyMissingThePoint: When Homer saw Red Barclay at the restaurant and then looked at the pictures of Red Barclay and Tony Randall and somehow mistook Red for Tony despite the two men looking completely different.
** Also, when the contest begins, Red immediately digs into his Sir Loin-A-Lot. Meanwhile, Homer is busy buttering a slice of bread. Marge yells at him for trying to fill up on bread.
* CookingDuel: Homer challenges Red into a contest to see who could finish the Slaughter House's special Sir Loin-A-Lot steak first.
* NobodyCallsMeChicken: Homer has this reaction when Red calls him a greenhorn.
* ScrewTheRulesIHaveMoney: When Red Barclay died at the Slaughter House Restaurant, Dr. Julius Hibbert, who owns 12 percent of the place, declared Red's ''causa mortis'' as food poisoning... from ''[[BlatantLies another]]'' restaurant.
* UpToEleven: Not only does the Slaughter House's menu consist entirely of meat products, but ''the menu itself'' is made of meat -- a flattened chicken, specifically.
-->'''Marge:''' How clever, the kids' menu is on the beak.