->''"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."''
Savage Opress has finally found his brother, Darth Maul, crippled and insane as a result of [[Film/ThePhantomMenace his duel with Obi-Wan Kenobi]]. Now Savage brings Maul to their home planet, where Mother Talzin, the Nightsister shaman-witch, might help him recover...
!! This episode provides examples of:
* AllThereInTheManual: Obi-Wan and Ventress escape the transport by using the specially built cockpit/escape-ship, apparently leaving Savage and Maul drifting in space. However the episode guide reveals that the room in which the brothers discuss their next steps at the end of the episode is a secondary cockpit for the transport.
* BestServedCold: By the end of the episode, Maul realises that after waiting for his revenge for so long, he really can afford to wait a little longer.
* BodyHorror: Maul's transformation by Mother Talzin.
* ButForMeItWasTuesday: Obi-Wan pretends he doesn't know Maul, but Maul rebuts this by calling him out on forgetting Qui-Gon's death so easily.
* CliffHanger: The episode ends with Obi-Wan and Ventress barely escaping in the cockpit/escape ship. Savage wants to go after them, fearing that the Jedi will know too much if they inform them, but Maul dismisses his concerns, counting on the Jedi to come after the two of them.
* CurbStompBattle: Savage effortlessly defeats Obi-Wan in their brief duel. Of course it helps that Obi-Wan is distracted by Maul's presence, and he didn't expect Savage to be there either.
* EnemyMine: Obi-Wan and Ventress team up against Maul and Savage. Bonus points since Maul has taken Obi-Wan's lightsaber from him, so Ventress lends Obi-Wan one of hers.
-->'''Ventress:''' I want that back.\\
'''Obi-Wan:''' That's fine. Red's not my color.
* GenreBlindness: Obi-Wan insists on going alone to Raydonia, where Maul waits for him, because he fears if he goes there with a Jedi strike team, Maul will slaughter all the villagers. Maul and Savage of course slaughter them before he arrives anyway.
* HesBack: Maul finally regains his sanity, and is dead set on getting revenge on Obi-Wan.
* LargeHam: Maul is really ChewingTheScenery during his speech about his hatred towards Obi-Wan.
* MythologyGag: Maul's second set of legs are based on his appearance from the ''Old Wounds'' comic.
* NoHoldsBarredBeatdown: Savage and Maul beat up Obi-Wan really badly.
* ThePowerOfHate: How did Maul survive his bisection at Naboo? His hatred for Obi-Wan fueled him to stay alive.
* RuleOfCool: A lightsaber battle between 3 former Sith and a Jedi, involving the Jedi [[EnemyMine teaming up with a Sith]] and ''everyone'' welding red lightsabers? ''Awesome.''
* SiblingTeam: Maul and Savage.
* SnarkToSnarkCombat: Ventress and Obi-Wan.
* SpecialEditionTitle: The opening logo is red instead of yellow, for this and "[[Recap/StarWarsTheCloneWarsS4E21Brothers Brothers]]."
* StaggeredZoom: When Maul runs out of the cave on Dathomir and screams to the sky, the camera jump-zooms out twice to emphasize his volume.
* TemptingFate: Obi Wan says that he will defeat Maul again just like last time--right before Savage shows up to kick his ass. This is even lampshaded by Maul:
-->'''Maul:''' ''[chuckling darkly]'' Don't be so certain.