->''All warfare is based on deception.''
Obi-Wan fakes his death to go undercover as his own killer at a Republic prison so he can uncover a plot to kill the Chancellor.
* TheCameo: Boba Fett makes a brief appearance in the prison and picks a fight with the (disguised) Obi-Wan. And he's accompanied by Bossk.
* ColdSniper: Rako Hardeen.
* ContinuityNod: Boba and Bossk have been imprisoned since the events of the season 2 finale.
* CrammingTheCoffin: As part of the escape plan, Bane, Eval and "Hardeen" hide in chutes taking dead bodies to the crematorium. Obi-Wan is forced to get into the one that already has a dead prisoner in it.
* DeathFakedForYou: Obi-Wan has his murder faked in order to have enough VillainCred after assuming the murderer's identity.
* GetIntoJailFree: The first stop on Obi-Wan's mission is prison, when an unknowing Anakin and Ahsoka are sent to arrest "Rako Hardeen" for Obi-Wan's murder.
* PrisonRiot: Cad Bane pays Boba Fett to get into a fight with "Rako Hardeen" in order to start one as a means of escape.
* WeWillNotUseStageMakeupInTheFuture: Obi-Wan is given Rako Hardeen's face by means of a painful procedure involving the injection of a substance with a very large needle. Well, he ''was'' going to prison.
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: The real Rako Hardeen is never seen again after Obi-Wan starts impersonating him. There was supposed to be a scene in "Friends and Enemies" where Anakin caught Rex taking Hardeen to a safe location, but it was scrapped because the writers thought it would be out-of-character for Rex to conceal information from Anakin.
* WholePlotReference: To ''Film/FaceOff'': A good guy has his face swapped with that of a criminal in order to infiltrate a high-security prison and uncover a plot.