->''All warfare is based on deception.''
Obi-Wan fakes his death to go undercover as his own killer at a Republic prison so he can uncover a plot to kill the Chancellor.
!!This episode provides examples of:
* TheCameo: Boba Fett makes a brief appearance in the prison and picks a fight with the (disguised) Obi-Wan.
* ColdSniper: Rako Hardeen.
* DeathFakedForYou: Obi-Wan has his murder faked in order to have enough VillainCred after assuming the murderer's identity.
* PrisonRiot: Cad Bane pays Boba Fett to get into a fight with "Rako Hardeen" in order to start one as a means of escape.
* WeWillNotUseStageMakeupInTheFuture: Obi-Wan is given Rako Hardeen's face by means of a painful procedure involving the injection of a substance with a very large needle. Well, he ''was'' going to prison.
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: The real Rako Hardeen is never seen again after Obi-Wan starts impersonating him. There was supposed to be a scene in "Friends and Enemies" where Anakin caught Rex taking Hardeen to a safe location, but it was scrapped because the writers thought it would be out-of-character for Rex to conceal information from Anakin.
* WholePlotReference: To ''Film/FaceOff'': A good guy has his face swapped with that of a criminal in order to infiltrate a high-security prison and uncover a plot.