After ''[[Recap/StarTrekDeepSpaceNineS05E16DrBashirIPresume Doctor Bashir, I presume]]'', in which it is revealed that Doctor Bashir's parents had subjected him to illegal genetic engineering--[[NoTranshumanismAllowed which usually disqualifies people from from serving in Starfleet]]--Bashir no longer has to hide his genetically engineered status. This makes it possible for him to openly research treating those who have been disabled by genetic engineering in some way. The doctor has four such victims brought to Deep Space Nine to study directly. The 'Jack Pack,' however, prove to be a disruptive presence on the station.
After preventing a ploy that would have been a significant strategic victory for the Dominion, however, Starfleet engages their services as analysts. They quickly prove their value and gain the respect of Starfleet Command...until the four decide that there's no way for the Federation to win the Dominion War, and advise the Federation to surrender.
When Starfleet refuses, the 'Jack Pack' undertake a plan to bring the war to an early end by handing vital information over to the Dominion.
* [[AdultChild Adult Children]]: The members of the 'Jack Pack' are each ''profoundly'' immature in their own way.
* AnythingThatMoves: Lauren, according to Jack. Except for Jack.
* ArtisticLicenseStatistics: If Bashir and the genetically engineered quartet really are super-geniuses, they should know right from the start that they can't make accurate predictions on the outcome of the Federation/Dominion war based on the limited data they have. But in order for the [[AnAesop aesop]] to work, they need to be ignorant of this at first, so that they can all learn a lesson by the end of the episode.
* ContinuityNod: Their predictions state that the eventual Alpha Quadrant Revolution will begin on Earth... which is the same conclusion that Weyoun and Dukhat came to back during the Occupation of Deep Space Nine, and also why they wanted to exterminate the population of the planet.
* DisabilitySuperpower: Averted. They're brilliant analysts because the 'Jack Pack' are legitimately brilliant, not because they've been damaged by their genetic engineering.
* SherlockScan: The group immediately and accurately details Damar's back-story after a single viewing an unrelated speech he gives.
* TranslationConvention: [[InvertedTrope Inverted]]--Jack turns off the translator and uncovers a key point in Weyoun's proposal that got lost in translation.