'''Season 3, Episode 10''':
Lwaxana Troi visits the station for the Bajoran Gratitude Festival, but wherever she goes, people's existing romantic relationships are suddenly on the rocks, while others develop spontaneous crushes on very unlikely partners.
!! Tropes present in this episode:
* AbhorrentAdmirer: People find themselves pursued by people they wouldn't consider for romantic involvement. Subverted in that no one involved is physically unattractive or socially off-putting, [[MyFriendsAndZoidberg except Quark]].
* CrackPairing: InUniverse, some of the odd latent attractions that emerge in the wake of Lwaxana's influence make sense, though they're impractical, as with Jake developing a PrecociousCrush on Kira and Jadzia getting sweet on her longtime friend (and protector) Sisko when Bareil develops a roving eye for her. Since Bashir was [[CasanovaWannabe always hitting on every attractive woman in sight]] and Kira's on the rebound from Bareil's apparent disloyalty to her, their sudden romance makes some sense too. The only pairing that leaves all the other characters scratching their heads in bewilderment is Quark suddenly throwing himself at the HappilyMarried Keiko. You don't have to be Lwaxana Troi to hear them all thinking ''[[FlatWhat what]]'' when he starts making aggressively amorous advances on her.
* InsistentTerminology: Don't tell Lwaxana she's getting ''old''! Bashir wisely starts referring to Zanthi as a common affliction of the, eh, ''mature'' Betazoid.
* LivingAphrodisiac: Lwaxana Troi, though unintentionally.
* LoveIsInTheAir: Lwaxana's Zanthi fever caused her to project her emotions onto the people around her, the emotion in this case being sexual desire. However, Bashir points out that people are nevertheless acting on latent attractions.
* LoveTriangle: Lwaxana is interested in Odo. Odo is interested in Kira. Kira is interested in Bareil
* NonActionGuy: When Vedek Bareil wants to fight Sisko for Jadzia's love, Sisko [[NoSell No Sells]] a punch directly to his face and easily blocks all of the following punches. And then Bareil gets [[CurbStompBattle Curb-Stomped]] by ''[[ActionGirl Jadzia]]''.
* OutOfCharacterAlert: Thanks to Mrs. Troi and her telepathic space flu, people all over the station start getting loopy.
* SeductionProofMarriage: While almost everyone else is going loopy and falling in love, Miles and Keiko don't show even the slightest hint of attraction to any third party. As Miles says near the end when Keiko teases him for not having a latent attraction to her, "Nothing latent about it."