The second episode of South Park. Cartman wins an essay contest which brings Kathie Lee Gifford to town, which unsettles Mr. Garrison due to losing a talent show against her when they were kids. Meanwhile, the Mayor wants to use the publicity from Kathie Lee's visit to South Park to get out of the "piss ant redneck mountain town" and further up the politics ladder. Cartman tries to get into shape for his appearance on national TV, HilarityEnsues.
First appearance of Jimbo.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* AxCrazy: Mr. Hat, who convinces Mr. Garrison to kill Kathie Lee as revenge.
* DisproportionateRetribution: Mr. Hat's attempt to kill Kathie Lee for outdoing him in a talent show when they were kids.
* EarlyInstallmentWeirdness: Bebe wears an entirely pink jacket instead of the red and gray one that she's usually known to wear.
* EskimosArentReal: Cartman seems to confuse Eskimos with dolphins. To him it's all just "a bunch of tree-hugging hippie crap."
* IntercourseWithYou: Chef's song to Kathie Lee, which he gets at the end of the episode.
* KidsAreCruel: Kyle does nothing but hurl abuse at Cartman as he gains weight.
* PlagiarismInFiction: Cartman's essay turns out to be [[spoiler:''Walden'' with Creator/HenryDavidThoreau's name crossed out.]]
* ShoutOut: Mr. Garrison uses the "You talkin' to me?!" scene from TaxiDriver to decide whether he has the right gun.
* StrangeMindsThinkAlike: Cartman's belief that dolphins live in igloos seems to be shared by Mr. Garrison, judging from his comment on Wendy's essay.
* TemporaryBulkChange: Cartman takes Weight Gain 4000 and winds up incredibly obese to the point that he looks like Jabba the Hutt and is unaware that he's gained weight. He's back to his typical weight the next episode.