Young Olive has just had her first horse-riding lesson, and has fallen hard for the sport. She decides to dig to Arabia to find an Arabian horse, but finds a dinosaur bone instead... so she sells it and buys a horse. She learns that digging up the past can yield unexpected discoveries.
Olive is enjoying life at the convent, but the peaceful days are upended when one of the sisters turns up dead. Olive asks Emerson to investigate; he does, but brings along Ned and Chuck against her wishes. The three detectives, posing as Vatican special forces, discover that the late nun had been trying to artificially create the convent's white truffles, the source of its wealth.
* AllGermansAreNazis: Invoked and averted. Emerson thinks that Hans is a bloodthirsty "Angry German"--but he's Swiss, and harmless.
* BadHabits: TropeNamer?
* [[DiggingToChina Digging to Arabia]]
* GilliganCut: Olive insists to Emerson that he not bring Ned or Chuck with him to the convent. Cut to Emerson, Ned, and Chuck at the convent.
-->'''Olive:''' It's a freakin' convent, show some respect!
* ImGoingToHellForThis: Ned's reaction to having to ''chase down and re-dead'' a nun.
* MakingLoveInAllTheWrongPlaces: Alluded to, but not seen. For which Emerson is grateful.
* NunTooHoly: Sister [=LaRue=], Aunt Lily.
* SupremeChef: Hans. Plus, in a cute character note, we see that Ned is a ''serious'' foodie.
* TakingTheVeil: It's a minor plot point that Chuck is unfamiliar with the expression.