Film watched: ''Film/RevengeOfTheCreature''
This episode marked several changes. It was the first episode aired on the SciFiChannel, and the first to have Bill Corbett play Crow.
!!The MysteryScienceTheater3000 presentation contains examples of:
-->'''Bobo:''' Your movie this week is ''Film/RevengeOfTheCreature''. It is a see-QUELL to ''Film/CreatureFromTheBlackLagoon''.
* AccidentalMisnaming: Crow keeps forgetting Mike's name.
* AllThereInTheManual: Bobo and company's headquarters went unnamed on-screen, but was called "Deep Ape" by the crew.
* AvengingTheVillain: Pearl vows to keep the experiments going in memory of Clayton... who she killed.
* ContinuityNod: When the "music supervision" credit comes up and some familiar-sounding organ music is heard:
-->'''Servo:''' Pfft...yeah, great supervision: "Gimme a needle-drop on some ''Film/ThisIslandEarth'' music."
** And later:
--->'''Servo:''' [[Film/ThisIslandEarth Jerking around must have caused a flame-out.]]
* CueCardPause: In the opening segment, Mike sees that the SOL is about to crash into a planet:
-->'''Crow:''' Well, you could pull that emergency brake cord right up there...
-->'''Mike:''' [pulls cord, making the ship shudder violently to a halt]
-->'''Crow:'''...but don't do that, because you might drop the tranny right out of the middle... well, NOBODY ASKED YOU TO COME BACK HERE!
* DevelopingDoomedCharacters: Lampshaded by Mike:
-->'''Mike:''' [almost an hour into the movie] Ladies and gentlemen - the Revenge has ''finally'' begun!
* EarlyInstallmentWeirdness: For the Sci-Fi Channel era, the concept of Pearl in pursuit of the Satellite in her wagon isn't there yet (although it's mentioned in the themesong), and Bill Corbett's stiff puppeting performance as Crow (who, Corbett later joked, had apparently "suffered a stroke" during the 500-year interval) is a little awkward to see.
** According to the Guide, Corbett was trying to do an impression of Trace Beaulieu's Crow. After a few episodes, they told him to just use his natural voice.
*** ....and Bobo appears somewhat intelligent, scholarly and the head of Deep Ape, often scolding his goofball sidekick, Prof. Peanut.
* HelloNurse: Invoked as the Creature's reaction to Lori Nelson in her underwear:
-->'''Crow:''' Okay, I think I'm over her now. AI, CHIHUAHUA!
* HeyItsThatGuy: [[invoked]] Invoked by the crew.
-->'''Crow:''' [[ClintEastwood Oh, he's bad. This is his first and last film.]]
* IAmNotWeasel: Professor Bobo, a mountain gorilla, takes great offense to Servo calling him "Mr. Orangutan".
-->'''Peanut:''' ...and I'm Peanut!
-->'''Bobo:''' ''Doctor'' Peanut! (''*[[DopeSlap smack]]*'')
* InterspeciesRomance: Apes rule the world because of many marriages between humans and apes. Much to Mike's irritation, each case involved a descendant of his.
* ItWillNeverCatchOn: "[[Creator/ClintEastwood Oh, he's bad.]] This is his first and last film."
* LaserGuidedAmnesia: Crow completely forgets who Mike is, while remembering Servo and Gypsy. (Though the concept of the experiments is also lost on him.)
* NoodleIncident: Crow won the original two Nanites at a fair.
* OffingTheOffspring: Pearl smothered Clayton.
* OhTheHumanity: During the movie:
-->'''Servo:''' Oh, the tepidity.
* ReactiveContinuousScream: When the SOL crew and Bobo first encounter each other via the monitors.
* ResetButton: The season 7 finale "Laserblast" ended with Mike, Tom, Crow, and Gypsy turning into pure energy and exiting the SOL. However, since the show got picked up again, they had to come back to the ship and revert to their original forms.
* RunningGag: The Creature feels the need to snap an alligator in half to impress people.
** Clete's repeated declarations of his own handsomeness.
** The LongList of celebrities supposedly appearing in "A Tributary to the Upper Amazon".
--->'''Crow:''' ...with Edna St. Vincent Millay and Topo Gi-
--->'''Mike:''' [[OverlyLongGag It's over.]]
* SanitySlippage / FridgeHorror: Crow got bored of being pure energy almost immediately and stayed on the SOL alone most of the time for 500 years.
** Through the window in Deep Ape, we can see [[PlanetOfTheApes the ruins of the Statue of Liberty]].
--->'''Mike:''' [[Recap/StarTrekTheNextGenerationS2E17SamaritanSnare Well, you see, the ship is broken, and won't go. Can you fix it?]]
* TakeOverTheWorld: Crow says the Nanites' ultimate goal is universal domination. Mike doesn't seem to care.
* ThisIsGonnaSuck: Averted. Crow is delighted they're going to actually see a movie. Mike has to remind him that's what they did for years 500 years ago.
* TimeSkip: It's been over 500 years since the last episode.
->''[[TheStinger [Scuba diver swims with a pipe]]]''