[[caption-width-right:350:🎶Hava nagila, hava giant-gila!🎶]]
Film watched: ''Film/TheGiantGilaMonster''
The movie was included in the 10th volume of Rhino Video's collections of the series, replacing ''[[Recap/MysteryScienceTheater3000S02E12GodzillaVsMegalon Godzilla vs. Megalon]]'' after the rights to release that film were lost.
!!The ''[[Series/MysteryScienceTheater3000 MST3K]]'' presentation contains examples of:
* AccidentalMisnaming: A letter read by Joel has Crow labeled [[Recap/MysteryScienceTheater3000S02E03JungleGoddess Art]], which became his nickname given by Pearl.
* TheAlcoholic: Discussed as a comic device and parodied; when Crow and Servo begin to do impressions of their favorite "types" of funny drunks, such as [[SentimentalDrunk "the 'I love you' guy"]] or [[LifeOfTheParty "the party animal"]], they quickly go to much darker places than they intended (breaking down sobbing and having a stroke, respectively). Joel eventually realizes the segment might have accidentally turned into [[VerySpecialEpisode an after-school special]].
* BigShutUp: Servo loses it during one of Chase's songs:
-->'''Servo:''' "Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UUUUPPPPP!"
* CoincidentalBroadcast: Joel's Invention Exchange is a radio that plays nothing but these.
-->'''Joel''', as the Gila Monster: Sing whenever I sing whenever I — oh, now ''I'm'' doing it!
* IllKillYou: When Chase is singing to his sister:
-->'''Crow:''' (through gritted teeth as the sister) ''"I'm gonna kill him!"''
* InformedAttribute: Joel takes the monster's size to be this:
-->'''Joel:''' (as the gila monster) "Oh, I'm big, I'm big, there's just no way to describe how incredibly huge I am..."
** Making explosion noises every time the hero's jalopy visibly jumps while chasing the Giant Gila Monster with a load of nitroglycerine.
** Singing the theme to ''Series/TheMunsters'' when a jalopy appears.
** References to that stupid "Sing Whenever I Sing" ('My Baby She Rocks') song.
** Joel's imitation of the titular lizard with that "BLBLBLAAAHHHH" noise.
** And all that jazz about "SKID MARKS".
** Something is always out of the Sheriff's jurisdiction.
** The Sheriff being basically useless.
** That stupid CaptainMorganPose that [=J&TBs=] calling the movie out on it.
** The French girl & JerryLewis movie references.
** Chase having his crazy mother chained in the shed.
* ShoutOut: Just before the car crashes into the gila monster:
-->'''Servo:''' [[Literature/HeartOfDarkness "The horror! The horror!"]]
->'''Old Man Harris:''' ''[[TheStinger (bitterly drinks while soda jerk laughs)]]''