Films watched: ''Speech: Using Your Voice'' (short) and ''Film/EarthVsTheSpider''
''Speech: Using Your Voice'' is an educational short about public speaking.
!!This episode contains these tropes:
* BigEater: Joel complains that the spider keeps eating the opening credits.
* ContinuityNod: At one point, the spider eats a character who looks very similar to Dr. Erhardt (Dr. Forrester's previous aide, who had gotten brushed off with a simple "He's missing"). The crew immediately declares that ''this'' is where he wound up, and it is the last mention of him in the entire series (though oddly not the last time he'd be imitated during a theater segment).
-->'''Joel:''' No, Dr. Erhardt, no! So ''that's'' what happened to him!
-->'''Crow:''' ''(imitating Erhardt)'' Enjoy!
** Earlier, during the Invention Exchange, Joel expresses his disgust with the Mads. Dr. Forrester and Frank respond with a simultaneous "Thank you!" in the same way Forrester and Erhardt had done during the first season. Clay and Frank then uncomfortably stare at each other for a moment.
** And, of course, the return of a recurring season-one bit where Joel feeds the Bots RAM chips if they say good things about the movie.
** As Mike walks behind the [[EnforcedPlug prominent movie poster]] for ''Film/TheAmazingColossalMan'':
--->'''Crow:''' What kind of sin must a man commit in a single lifetime...
*** When [[Film/AttackOfThePuppetPeople a "great movie" about puppet people]] is mentioned, the crew sigh affectionately along the lines of "Oh, Bert..."
* GettingCrapPastTheRadar: While Mike and Carol are searching the cave for her Dad, Crow spots [[DoesThisRemindYouOfAnything a very suspicious-looking]] stalagmite and utters this line:
-->'''Crow:''' [[Film/FullMetalJacket I didn't know they pile it that high.]]
** The crew get a lot of mileage from the short advising "plenty of lip and tongue action".
* LamePunReaction: The Mads' invention is a phone made of cheese...and Dr. Forrester announces that they're working on the "curdless" phone. Even ''Frank'' grimaces at that one.
* PoliticalCorrectnessGoneMad: Tom promises that no spiders were squashed, stomped on, flushed or suffered serious emotional trauma during the film. But one died from old age and two letters from doctors confirm it.
** This is where the saga of Crow's screenplay for ''Earth Vs. Soup'' started.
** Joel and the Bots constantly forgetting who Mike's father is.
** They also keep imitating the sheriff's derisive chuckle when he hears about the giant spider (though they do it for random comments).
* StylisticSuck: In-universe Crow reeks of it.
-->'''Joel:''' Crow, she's just going "no" for the next six pages!
-->'''Crow:''' Do you think that's enough?
* WithLyrics: "Spider, spider! Spider, spider!"
->[[TheStinger "I said, "Mister", I said, "This (clears throat) this isn't your seat. You see I've been sittin' here a whole lot longer than you seem to think I have, as I think..."]]