Film watched: ''Film/GodzillaVsMegalon''
The shot of Godzilla's [[RunningGag awe-inspiring]] tail-slide dropkick to Megalon would be incorporated in the show's opening credits for three seasons (3-5).
!!The MST3K version provided examples of:
* CallBack: During the first kidnap attempt, Crow tosses out a [[WomenOfThePrehistoricPlanet "HI-KEEBA!"]]
* CallForward: TheStinger, a replay of the scene where Godzilla jumps into the water, is StockFootage from ''[[EbirahHorrorOfTheDeep Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster]]'', which would be featured in [[Recap/MysteryScienceTheater3000S02E13GodzillaVsTheSeaMonster the very next episode]].[[note]]Joel waving Godzilla on makes the scene even funnier.[[/note]]
* CombatCommentator: Joel and the Bots play this role when Godzilla and Jet Jaguar take on Megalon and Gigan.
* FaceOnAMilkCarton: Tom Servo's makeshift Halloween costume during the invention exchange.
* IHaveNoSon: During the Orville Redenbacher commercial sketch, Crow (playing Orville) expresses a desire to disown his grandson (played by Servo) when the latter insults him.
* RunningGag: The constant cracks about Hiroshi wearing Wayne Newton's jacket.
** Everyone's hate of the laboratory stairs.
** The horrible, screeching dub on younger brother.
** The Seatopian Priest-King guy & his ridiculous outfit (complete with goofy CampGay Broadway/fashion-type references) and his resemblance to Tim Conway's ''Dorf''.
** The Seatopian henchman being OscarWilde & LucianoPavarotti. Especially heavy on the former.
** Joel speaking as Megalon in the manner of a Broadway/Vegas showman.
--->'''Joel:'''(as Megalon during his big entrance) [[DevelopingDoomedCharacters All right, forget everything you've seen until now.]] [[JustHereForGodzilla That's right, it's time for the headliner! For my first trick, I will use an ordinary metropolitan city...]]
* ShoutOut: Joel and the Bots sing the ''Anime/SpeedRacer'' theme during the first chase sequence.
** ShownTheirWork: They quickly switch to the Japanese version.
** "Hey! [[Film/TwoThousandOneASpaceOdyssey HAL]] is reading your lips!"
** "Look out, [[Film/TheLoveBug Herbie]]!"
* StylisticSuck: The ''Rex Dart, Eskimo Spy'' intro in the third/fourth host segment.
* WrestlerInAllOfUs: Apart from the [[OverusedRunningGag awe-inspiring tail-slide dropkick]], parodied during the final fight, with Joel and the Bots serving as a commentary team and treating the fight like a professional wrestling tag match, complete with admonishments for Godzilla using a foreign object (a tree).
--> '''Crow:''' He's got a tree! He's got a tree! That's not the Godzilla we know, [[FaceHeelTurn he's fighting dirty]]!