Nate's ex-wife, Maggie Collins, is framed for the theft of a Faberge egg from a museum in Kiev. The crew has to team up with Sterling to retrieve the stolen egg, catch the real thief, and clear Maggie's name.
!Tropes stolen in this job:
* ContinuityNod: Sterling mentions he liked [[Recap/LeverageS01E12TheFirstDavidJob the old offices]] better. Hardison glares at him, considering he had to blow up said offices because Sterling put the heat on them.
* DeathGlare: Eliot has a particularly effective one. Tara refers to it as "the thing with your eyes that scares people." It's enough to make an experienced fence freak out.
* DiplomaticImpunity: Repeatedly mentioned, with a large portion of the episode taking place in an embassy. Attempted again with an embassy car, but Tara switched the plates, making it appear as any other sedan would.
* EnemyEatsYourLunch: Reversed - Tara takes a couple bites of the fence's sandwich while staring at him to freak him out.
* INeedAFreakingDrink: Nate's off the wagon, but when he finds out who Maggie is involved with he does one shot and immediately grabs another.
* InterpolSpecialAgent: Sterling is offered as position at Interpol at the end of the episode.
* KickTheSonOfABitch: It's a little hard to feel bad for Sterling when Eliot beats the crap out of him.
* NowOrNeverKiss: Maggie plants one on Nate when she thinks they're about to die via bomb.
* ObstructiveBureaucrat: Hardison and Eliot run afoul of one while trying to spring Maggie from jail. Notably, the guy has a point - regardless of what paperwork gets thrown at him, if Maggie is released, she'll run straight to the American embassy and he'll look like an idiot when she doesn't return for a trial. They solve the issue by faking a call to make it seem like Maggie has pull above his head.
* OhCrap: Nate, when he sees Sterling walk into the bar. Partly because Sterling is there, and partly because he knows Eliot will do something violent if he sees him. Also Nate when Maggie walks in, having just been released from jail under suspicious circumstances.
* PetTheDog: Sterling covers for Nate to Maggie, saying he's there as a consultant and it's all aboveboard. He balances it out by not telling Nate that his ex-wife is dating the apparent villain of the week until he sees them kissing.
* PlayingDrunk: Sterling comes in with this to distract a security guard so Parker can slip by.
* RedHerring: Alexander Lundy appears to be the real thief, and both Nate and Sterling consider him the prime suspect, but in the end it turns out to be [[spoiler: Alexander's assistant, Sam]].
* RevealingCoverUp: It doesn't take much digging to find out, but when Alexander's assistant produces a bunch of documents laying out Alexander's alibi, all it does is make him look suspicious.
* ScrewTheRulesIHaveConnections: Maggie is released when the Leverage crew makes it look like she's a cabinet minister's mistress.
* ShipTease: Yet again, Parker and Hardison play a couple during the con. Also Nate and Maggie show some sparks.