General Wade Eiling from Cadmus steals the [[StupidJetpackHitler "Captain Nazi"]] [[SuperSerum super-soldier serum]] and injects it into himself to "protect" the world from metahumans. With the more powerful League members busy, Green Arrow leads Stargirl, S.T.R.I.P.E., Shining Knight, Crimson Avenger, Vigilante, and Speedy against him. Eiling only stops short of killing Shining Knight when a civilian points out that Eiling's reason for attacking the heroes is non-existent, as his entire reason for the attack was to rid the world of meta-humans and he was the only one there with super powers.
* BlackAndWhiteInsanity: General Eiling clearly suffers from this.
* BadassBystander: After Eiling gives all the Justice League people a sound thrashing the he gets into another "must protect the people from the likes of metahumans regardless of the cost" spiel the crowd is just angrily staring at him and then a old lady calls him out on his disregard of the cost and then a little kid tells him he's the only one with superpowers around here making him realize he's become what he hates and he takes off [[KnightTemplar but not before he says he will be right one of these days and that they need the likes of him to protect the people from the likes of the Justice League]].
* CanonImmigrant: Eiling was first mentioned in the third incarnation of the Justice League (the ''JLA'' comics series). In that version, he was suffering from a brain tumor, leading him to give illogical orders and transplant his mind into the body of the "Shaggy Man."
* CurbStompBattle: Eiling pretty much destroys everyone he fights in the episode with the only visible damage dealt to him at all is a minor cut from Shining Knight's sword to his arm. It's even lampshaded when the Justice League members present gets reinforcements.
--> '''Speedy''': ''Oliver how many guys has this bozo taken out?''
--> '''Green Arrow''': ''That would be *all* of us.''
* TheFundamentalist: Eiling again. He's just nuts.
* GodzillaThreshold: GreenArrow [[TrickArrow Quantum Arrows]] are painted as such in this episode (given that they seemly create a explosion comparable to a pretty large explosive device) and are used [[WorfBarrage but they don't work]].
--> '''Green Arrow''': "''Speedy still got your Quantum Arrow?''"
--> '''Speedy''': "''Yes but you said..''"
--> '''Green Arrow''': "''This IS a emergency''"
* HeWhoFightsMonsters: Played with, as the members of the league aren't the immoral tyrants Eiling thinks they are, but that's what he becomes. (It doesn't hurt that the League members he's fighting ''have no powers.'')
* HowMuchMoreCanHeTake: even though all the heroes present do not have any superhuman abilities they refuse to yield to Eiling and his demands to bring Superman and refuse to lie down in defeat even in the face of the utter beatings he giving to all of them.
* KnightTemplar: Inverted in that Shining Knight is more considerate of civilians and humane measures than his opponent.
* MythologyGag: The heroes that defend the parade (Green Arrow, Vigilante, Shining Knight, Stargirl, S.T.R.I.P.E., Crimson Avenger and Speedy) are the DCAU versions of the original Seven Soldiers of Victory.
* StupidJetpackHitler: The source of the the SuperSerum Eiling uses to become a hulked-out monster in his bid to gain equal footing versus the Justice League ,The original batch was confiscated during WWII in the episode opener and reading a report on it's effects is why Eiling steals it for his use during the episode.
* SecretTestOfCharacter: The Shining Knight recounts one of these as a parable.
* StrawCharacter: Some of Eiling's arguments are rather obviously [[NoCelebritiesWereHarmed ultra-right]].
* WellIntentionedExtremist: Eiling genuinely believes that he's protecting the world from metahumans.
* WhatMeasureIsANonBadass: Invoked repeatedly, as the entire reason that Eiling's not fighting the JLA's A-team is that the parade was considered too unimportant for Superman's busy schedule.