There's a new superhero team in town, and they're stealing the Four's spotlight--not to mention insulting them at every turn. Reed tries to keep his teammates' tempers in check, but soon he grows suspicious. Are the new foursome really heroes--or villains in disguise?
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
* TheCameo: [[SpiderMan Peter Parker]] appears as a photographer Johnny hires to improve the Four's image.
* [[CutLexLuthorACheck Cut the Wizard and the Trapster a Check]]: But they'd rather humiliate the Fantastic Four.
* EngineeredPublicConfession: Reed tricks the Wizard into confessing that he was only after the codes that the city gave him.
* EvilCounterpart: the Frightful Four to the Fantastic Four.
* ForTheEvulz: The Wizard confesses smugly to Reed that this was his reason for "showing up" the Four.
-->Tricking this city into loving us...it wasn't necessary, but it sure was ''fun''.
* [[GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff He's Big In Japan]]: Johnny, InUniverse.
* NotSoAboveItAll: Reed, as he watches the Wizard taken into custody.
-->'''Reed''': "Smartest man in the world"? ''Please!''
-->'''Reed:''' Did I ever tell you you're amazing?
-->'''Sue:''' No, but...go on.
* [[VillainWithGoodPublicity Villains With Good Publicity]]: the Frightful Four, until Reed blows their cover.