'''Airdate:''' October 4, 2009
When Lois thinks she has a lump on her breast, she goes to Dr. Hartman to see if it's breast cancer. It turns out she doesn't, but when Hartman looks through her family records, he shows Lois that her mother was a Holocaust survivor, revealing that she is Jewish. A visit to her parents conforms this, as Barbara reveals she hid her faith so Carter can get into the country club. While Lois and the kids start adapting to Jewish life, Peter embraces his newfound faith. That night, Peter recieves a ghostly visit from his late step-father Francis, who tells him that he'll go to Hell if he doesn't follow the Catholic faith. This turns Peter into an anti-Semite and Lois, not wanting to give into intimidation like her mother did, decides to fully embrace her Jewish side and have a Passover Seder, much to Peter's chagrin. During an argument between the two at the Seder, Jesus Christ shows up to tell Peter that Judaism and Catholicism are very similar to each other. Peter and Lois admit their reasons for their boorish behavior and apologize to each other. When Peter asks Jesus what religion they should follow, he says they're all crap (or "horseshit," if you're watching the DVD version), which atheist Brian replies "''Thank'' you!".
!!"Family Goy" contains examples of ([[YMMV/FamilyGuyS8E2FamilyGoy YMMV goes here]]):
* AllJewsAreCheapskates: Lampshaded with the CashLure mentioned below, but played straight with the revelation that Grandma Hebrewberg's original name was Hebrewbergmoneygrabber.
* CallBack: This marks the second appearance of Max Weinstein from "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein".
* CashLure: Carter tries to attract Lois and Barbara with one of these so he can squirt them with a water gun. They don't fall for it, but he squirts them anyway.
* DirtyCop: Not only does he not arrest Peter for shooting at Mort (for simply being Jewish), Joe '''''also shoots at Mort''''' -- and it's all as a friendly "good morning" (as Mort resignedly says)!
* HypocriticalHumor: Brian agrees with ''Jesus'' that [[TakeThat all religions are crap]].
* MatzoFever: Parodied with Peter, which lasts until his dream with Francis' ghost.
** Peter tries to shoot Lois and Mort a la [[SchindlersList Amon Goetz]], right down to the way he puts away a cigarette.
** Stewie [[IndianaJonesAndTheTempleOfDoom tears Meg's heart out of her chest]].
** Peter asks Francis' ghost to tell him [[TheEmpireStrikesBack "Luke, you must go to the Dagobah system"]].
* ShownTheirWork: Stewie's prayer at the Seder is a real Jewish prayer.
* SpecialEditionTitle: A sendup of ''SuperFriends''.