'''Airdate:''' April 11, 2010
When news hits that a black hole is eating up the solar system and the Earth will be destroyed in 24 hours, everyone in town goes out of their way to spend their last day on Earth, and when Peter admits he hates being around the kids and the news anchors admit that the whole thing was an April Fools' joke, Peter must win back his children's love.
!!"April in Quahog" contains examples of:
-->'''Tom:''' Yes, April Fools. We, at Channel 5 News conducted the whole black hole story as part of our commitment to be infestive around the holidays.
-->'''Diane:''' And with only 87 suicides and widespread looting, we think this was a pretty successful practical joke!
-->'''Brian:''' ''[[DudeNotFunny You DICKS!]]''
** There was also a real April Fool's prank to promote this episode, as promo pictures promised that [[WesternAnimation/AmericanDad Stan and Francine Smith]] and [[WesternAnimation/KingOfTheHill Hank Hill]] were to appear, but they didn't. They did, however, appear on a season eleven episode.
-->'''Meg:''' Shut up, dad!
-->'''Brian:''' Does it bite?
-->'''Peter:''' Of course it bites. It's a lion.
* CrossingTheBurntBridge: Peter spends the second half of the episode trying to make amends with the kids after admitting he didn't like them the moment everyone thought the world was supposed to end.
* EyeScream: Peter removes his eyeball while high on crystal meth.
* HalfwayPlotSwitch: The first part has Peter on jury duty, the second part is about widespread panic over the world supposedly ending, and the third has Peter trying to be a better father.
* JerkAss: Peter, although he shows some of his original JerkWithAHeartOfGold persona by the end.
* NWordPrivileges: On his supposed last day, Peter decides to shout the N-word in an all-black neighborhood [[note]](the DVD version actually shows him going to the neighborhood to do it and calling it "the N-word"; on TV, the N-word is referred to as the "you-know-what-word" and there's no scene of him in the all-black neighborhood)[[/note]]. He comes back wearing RequisiteRoyalRegalia and a sash reading "King of the Black People".
-->'''Peter:''' They respected me for it.
* SpoofAesop (and BrokenAesop): "If you can't earn your kids' respect, you can always buy it."