Original air date: April 18, 2000
!!This episode contains examples of:
* AbusiveParents: How Music/BingCrosby is portrayed.
--> '''Bing Crosby''': And if your kids give you any lip, you can beat 'em with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges. They won't leave a bruise, and they'll let 'em know who's boss. There's ''no'' doubt about it.
* TheCastShowOff: Peter's IncrediblyLongNote is the first time in the series that Creator/SethMacFarlane gets to show off his impressive singing abilities, doubly impressive in that he holds that note while also doing a distinct character voice.
* DealWithTheDevil: Peter would sell his soul to be famous. Satan is about to close the deal, until he's informed that he ''already'' sold his soul in 1976 for Bee Gees tickets, and ''again'' in 1981 for half a Mallomar.
* FantasticRacism: Meg's bird calls end up seriously offending some pigeons. And [[Series/SesameStreet Big Bird]].
* IncrediblyLongNote: Peter holds the last word of his song about Meg ("MEEEEEEE!") ''through the commercial break'' and is still holding it at the start of the next act. This joke is ruined a bit on Adult Swim airings, since they put the commercial breaks in a different place.
* PaperPeople: How Kate Moss is portrayed.
* ShoutOut: At one point while walking down the streets of New York, the scenery behind Peter and Meg switches to backdrops reminiscent of ''WesternAnimation/TheFlintstones''.
* TakeThat: To the dialogue on ''Series/MurphyBrown''.