'''Airdate:''' April 25, 1999
Peter is put under house arrest after punching a fat, sarcastic man who insults him -- who [[UnsettlingGenderReveal turns out to be a pregnant, mannish-looking woman]] who goes into labor from being assaulted. To curb his boredom, Peter builds a bar in the basement, and Lois becomes the star attraction with her racy lounge singing. Meanwhile, Stewie builds a time machine so he can bypass his teething stage.
!!"Mind Over Murder" contains example of ([[YMMV/FamilyGuyS1E4MindOverMurder YMMV goes here]]):
* BackhandedApology: The heckling fan gives a particularly callous one after Peter demands (s)he apologize for jeering Chris.
* TheChanteuse: Invoked. Peter decides to make Lois this for his bar to keep her from shutting it down, only to have her become the star attraction.
* HouseFire: A carelessly discarded cigarette ignites a fire that traps Peter and Lois in the basement. Fortunately, Stewie accidentally reverses time via his time machine to (unwittingly) save his parents' lives. It is also instrumental in expunging Peter's assault conviction, as in the "new present" he injures himself before having to take Chris to the soccer game, thus avoiding the confrontation in the first place.
* LadyLooksLikeADude: The pregnant woman that Peter punches.
* MamaBear: Lois was already in a bad mood with Peter over the bar, she is livid when she finds out he's got him drunk.
* MsFanservice: Lois, to Peter's dismay.
* PapaWolf: Zigzagged. Peter demands an apology from the audience member jeering Chris, but slapping the beer out of his hands is what seems to really tip him off the edge.
* ResetButton: How the episode ends.
* UnsettlingGenderReveal: The loud-mouthed, sarcastic fat man Peter punched in the face is actually a woman who is nine months pregnant.