'''Airdate:''' December 12, 2010
An hour-long ChristmasEpisode (the second in the series) in ''FamilyGuy'', which also contains two songs, and is narrated by SethMacFarlane's father, Ron [=MacFarlane=], in live-action bookends.
It's days until Christmas and everyone in Quahog is writing down what they want for Christmas in a musical number, except for Brian, who wonders if they're being too greedy. Stewie gets a rude brush-off from a MallSanta, and vows to head to the North Pole to kill him for his disrespect. Not believing in Santa, Brian tricks Stewie by taking him to a Santa village, but Stewie sees through the ruse and threatens to kill him too if he doesn't take him to the real North Pole. After Stewie causes a traffic car pile-up that damages Brian's car, they continue on foot and eventually ride the rest of the way on a Canadian's snowmobile.
To Brian's surprise, Santa and the workshop does exist, but [[RealityEnsues conditions there are far worse than they feared, due to the world's growing population and growing demands for the gifts.]] Santa is sick, weak, and worn out, the workshop pollutes the air, the elves are overworked, mutated, and inbred, and the reindeer have evolved into man-eating, and cannibalistic, monsters. Brian and Stewie agree to deliver the presents in his place, but crash the sleigh, break into a house, [[FromBadToWorse kill the family inside it to cover it up, let the reindeer eat each other, realize they only visited one house for two whole hours out of the millions of other houses in the world they need to visit before dawn, and finally panic, give up, and barely escape with their lives.]]
The next day, on Channel 5 News, Tom Tucker announces that no presents were delivered in Quahog, when Brain and Stewie wheel a barely-living Santa onto the set in front of the nation. They reveal that the world's greed is killing him, and ask that everyone only ask for one gift per person each year. Chastened, everyone agrees, and the next year, Santa and his workshop are healthy and rejuvenated.
!!"Road To The North Pole" contains examples of:
* AntiChristmasSong: "Christmastime is Killing Us"
* ChristmasMiracle: Santa, the workshop, his elves, the sleigh, and reindeer, all somehow become normal again by the next year.
* EpicFail: Stewie and Brian's first attempt at delivering toys turns into a home invasion.
* FromBadToWorse: As said in the above synopsis, this special shows what happens when reality hits the Santa mythos too much.
* HollywoodNewEngland: Upon seeing Santa's workshop in a morbid, foggy state with factory chimneys spouting pollution, Stewie compares it to Bridgeport, Connecticut.
-->'''Brian:''' Ooooh boy. Get ready for the letters.
-->''(cutaway to a Bridgeporter writing a letter)'' Dea' Family Guy basta'ds. How the Hell do you think you ah'?? I'll have you know that Bridgeport is among the world leada's in abandoned buildins', shattered glass, boa'ded up windows, bah'king dogs, and gas stations with no pumps! So eat my ****, Jew writers.
* MusicalEpisode: The special contains two elaborate songs.
* NightmarishFactory: Santa's workshop has turned into one.
* RealityEnsues: No magic appears to aid Santa, Brian, or Stewie in trying to meet an impossible feat. Even Stewie says that "Nobody can do it! It's inhuman!" when panicking!
* SubbingForSanta: Brian and Stewie attempt to deliver the Christmas presents in Santa's place. [[EpicFail They blew'd.]]