Michael helps a DEA agent named Sophia with a case. She's working in a bar undercover to try and bring down a cartel but one of the members named Raoul is obsessed with her. Michael pretends to help Raoul by posing as someone who can expedite his drug smuggling. Mike then uses Raoul's obsession with Sophia to get him to leave at a crucial moment so it looks like Raoul was trying to assassinate his boss Campos. Faced with certain death, Raoul turns himself in and offers to make a deal only to be confronted by Sophia.
Meanwhile in the Burn Notice plot Carla asks Michael to counterfeit a security card. Michael finds a Tunisian named Nefzi to do the work for him. He gets the copy made and asks Nefzi if he knows what the badge is for. Nefzi offers to find out. Michael is leaving but gets a bad feeling when he notices he is being watched. He goes back in to find Nefzi dead. He steals one of the earlier attempts at cloning the badge.
He meets Carla to give her the badge and warns her not to kill anyone else. While they are talking he tricks Carla into speaking Arabic and learns she speaks it with a Kurdish accent. He hopes he can use this to find out more about her.
!! Tropes present in this episode:
* ArsonMurderAndJaywalking: Barry describes the Tunisian counterfeiter Nefzi as “the go-to guy for all the hardcore stuff. Fake money for coke deals, counterfeit passkeys for bank robberies, stuff that gets people killed. Plus, he’s the most arrogant son of a bitch in South Florida.”
* BadGuysDoTheDirtyWork: Subverted. It looks like the cartel's mooks are going to catch (and presumably kill) Raoul, but he gets away and cuts a deal with the DEA.
* DeadlyGas: How Nefzi goes down. They pump nitrogen gas into the enclosed room and he suffocates before he even knows what happened.
* EvilIsPetty: Carla smashes Sam's camera after taking out the memory stick.
* FramingTheGuiltyParty: After the plan to frame the stalker Raoul for selling secrets on his boss falls through, Michael goes for the more direct approach - framing him for an assassination attempt on his boss.
* ImpliedDeathThreat: From Carla, although she makes several more pointed death threats throughout the course of the episode. At their first real meeting, her men drop the keys to the Charger (where Fiona was) and Sam's camera on the table.
-->'''Carla''': Next time? The kids stay home.
* PunkInTheTrunk: Fiona suggests just grabbing Carla and stuffing her in the trunk to find out who she's working for.
* YouHaveOutlivedYourUsefulness: Why Carla offs Nefzi. Mixed with HeKnowsTooMuch, as he can identify what the keycard he's just forged can open.