Last episode, the Doctor received Lucie's distress call from 22nd century Earth. She's using Nyssa's [[Recap/BigFinishDoctorWho093RenaissanceOfTheDaleks temporal interocitor]], slipped into her luggage by the Doctor when she left him.
Earth is struck by a plague. Within days, humankind is weakened. Lucie loses her appetite, then the use of her legs, then the use of an eye. Alex takes care of her, unaffected by the sickness because of his Gallifreyan blood. Months later, by the time the plague clears up, they manage to make it back to Susan.
And Earth is invaded by Daleks.
Lucie, now disabled and traumatised, keeps waiting for the Doctor to come help. But she gives up long before Susan does. They join up with LaResistance and try to avoid the mass graves and the horror around them. Months pass. Then years. LaResistance makes its way over to the United States, where the Daleks are digging a giant mine. [[Recap/DoctorWhoS2E2TheDalekInvasionOfEarth Just like last time]], Susan notes.
And then it turns out that the Daleks have help. From the Monk.
Lucie doesn't know that, though. And neither does the Doctor, who finally arrives on Earth... two years too late. He finds the [[Recap/BigFinishDoctorWho124PatientZero Dalek Time Controller, alive and well]] and in entirely the wrong time period.
Lucie records her story for him on Nyssa's device. Although she suspects he [[Recap/BigFinishDoctorWhoNEDAS3E1Orbis may have forgotten her again and gone swanning off with jellyfish]]. In a last-ditch attempt at putting up a fight, she, Susan and Alex gather together their last weapons and fire away at the Dalek control fleet. With the rockets already on their way, they discover that the Doctor is on the ship too.
* AuthorAppeal: Creator/NicholasBriggs. Full-scale Dalek invasion.
* BackForTheFinale: Tamsin.
* BiggerBad: The Monk served as the Big Bad for this Series but the Daleks are much worse.
* BlatantLies: The Monk telling Tamsin that the Daleks are medical missionaries and that they are collecting the art treasures for posterity.
* ConquerorFromTheFuture: The Dalek Time Controller.
* CrossThrough: The Dalek Time Controller previously showed up in Six' audios. Eight is very freaked out by it, noting that he's ''not supposed to be there''.
* FriendlyFire: The Saucer the Doctor is on is hit by torpedoes from resistance fighters.
* HandicappedBadass: Lucie.
* MinionWithAnFInEvil: The Monk, who is upset by the Daleks wanting to exterminate all the rebels after stopping the attack, and blocks the transmissions again, allowing some to escape.
* ThePlague: The way the Daleks invade Earth, again.
* ShoutOutToShakespeare: The Monk quotes Theatre/RichardII "This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle".
* TemporaryLoveInterest: Sebastian Andrews seems to be this for Lucie at first, but he gets killed during the attack on the Dalek mines.
* VillainTeamUp: The Monk and the Daleks.
* WickedCultured: The Monk. Not exactly evil but certainly cultured, wanting to gather the art treasures of Earth and quoting Shakespeare.