Dr. Hugo Strange discovers Batman's secret identity with a [[MentalPictureProjector mind-reading machine]] and plans to [[AuctionOfEvil auction it off]] to the Joker, Penguin, and Two-Face.
!!This episode provides examples of:
* AdaptationalWimp: As discussed in [[http://about-faces.livejournal.com/80224.html this review]], the Hugo Strange presented in this episode is a far cry from the Hugo of the comics (especially the one from "Strange Apparitions", which this episode was loosely based off of.)
* AllAccordingToPlan: When Bruce Wayne is chained and Alfred is tied in Doctor Strange's basement:
--> '''Alfred:''' Oh master Bruce! I am so sorry, this is [[ItsAllMyFault all my fault]]!
--> '''[[TheChessmaster Bruce Wayne:]]''' Nonsense, Alfred; believe it or not, this is working out, just as planned.
--> '''[[ServileSnarker Alfred:]]''' How reassuring!
* AndImTheQueenOfSheba: When the deal goes south, Strange begs for his life with Batman's identity (and Harvey unintentionally defends Bruce):
-->'''Dr. Strange:''' I was set up! Bruce Wayne is Batman!
-->'''Two-Face:''' That's absurd. I know Bruce Wayne. If he's Batman, I'm the king of England.
* CassandraTruth: Hugo Strange, who had discovered Batman's identity, told it to the Joker, the Penguin, and Two-Face; all three thought the idea of Batman being Bruce Wayne was absurd. (The Joker's reply was, "And people call me crazy!")
* HearMeTheMoney: A thug thumbing money to his ears was appropriately named "Numbers".
* IdentityImpersonator: Batman appears ''as Batman''; Robin stands in for Bruce Wayne, utilizing stilts and some good old-fashioned LatexPerfection.
* NotTheFallThatKillsYou: As Two-Face prepares to push a terrified Hugo Strange out of a flying plane for cheating him and his fellow villains; SelfDemonstrating/TheJoker sadistically wisecracks:
-->"Remember, it's not the ''fall'', [[DisneyVillainDeath it's the]] ''[[DisneyVillainDeath sudden stop!]]''"